Sea Clone for NOOOBS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

method0075

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have a sea clone 150 and the skimming ability went to crap after a while.

The tank is a 10 gal. nano and I have 20lbs of LR. I `m running this skimmer because I have it and wanted to insure water quality.

Here`s the problem I ran into.... The filter in the tank appeared clean. But after I had removed it the inside was really clogged up. I rinsed it out and cleaned it like new... Over night the skimmer removed enough crap to fill the cup at the top!

I just thought I`d share this with anyone else that is have trouble with this skimmer or is newer to the hobby then me.

You will want to replace the sponge prefilter every month or so. I had the same issue, I think all skimmers with sponged do. The problem with the seaclone is that it is just underpowered. There is some ideas on modifying it on wetwebmedia.com or womething like that. Bob Fenner's web site.

Yeah, I did a search and people have really put a lot into modifying these things. I bought it for affordability and I know alot of people that have them are scratching there heads trying to get these to work.

For what it`s worth I`m going to invest in a better skimmer when I upgrade the tank and I want to more then triple the LR.

Back
Top Bottom