Seachem Prime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a bottle of SP. It says that "one thread in the cap is approximately 1mg/l". 1mg/l is the dosage for every ten gallons correct?

How do you guys calculate it? Anyone with a ten gallon?

I also have a 2.5 gallon minibow, how do I judge that?

I get the feeling I'm putting too little into my gallon jug.

QP

QuietPlotter said:
Just got a bottle of SP. It says that "one thread in the cap is approximately 1mg/l". 1mg/l is the dosage for every ten gallons correct?

How do you guys calculate it? Anyone with a ten gallon?

I also have a 2.5 gallon minibow, how do I judge that?

I get the feeling I'm putting too little into my gallon jug.

QP

Just keep dividing the numbers down until you know how many mL or points of a mL you need for that amount of water. I use a baby medicine dropper that has .1mL up to 1mL.

In my opinion there is no need to worry about getting too accurate with it. You can dose this stuff a 5 to 10 times the recommended dose without ill effects.

Hello Quiet...

You can't overdose this water treatment, so you don't have to get the dose down to "the gnat's butt".

I use approximately half a capful in a five gallon bucket of tap water and let the bucket stand uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes and then syphon the water into the tank.

My fish and plants have never complained.

B

fort384 said:
In my opinion there is no need to worry about getting too accurate with it. You can dose this stuff a 5 to 10 times the recommended dose without ill effects.

Good point. I'm a bit tight with my money so the longer I can get a bottle to last the better. :D

Hello Quiet...

You can't overdose this water treatment, so you don't have to get the dose down to "the gnat's butt".

I use approximately half a capful in a five gallon bucket of tap water and let the bucket stand uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes and then syphon the water into the tank.

My fish and plants have never complained.

B

You can overdose almost anything, Prime included. The bottle states safe up to 5x and the Seachem reps I've talked to say it is probably safe to twice that, but overdoing anything is usually bad. More is better leads to a lot of problems.

The best bet is to dose as directed, which is 1ml / 10g.

Back
Top Bottom