What Air Pump do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiscusDennis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got a Whisper 100 and not impressed with the output. Looking for a high output pump. Noise doesn't really bother me.
Interested in hearing what pumps AA members use.

Thanks!
Dennis

The Azoo 9500 is quiet, great output, and even when not on sale is a great price on drsfostersmith.

Fishguy2727,
Thanks for the input. It seems the Azoo9500 is basically the same price as the Whisper 100. How long have you had the Azoo9500?
The Whisper 100 had good output the first month or two but went downhill after that.

Dennis

I have had about 4 of them for a few years now. One just recently went bad.

Thanks Mr. Limpet,
Can I ask how long you've used the Fusion's? Just wondering If they fizzle out "sooner" or "later".

Thanks!

A little over a year, but for 6 or 7 bucks if it died tomorrow I figure i got my monies worth. I'd never ran one before and wanted to see if it made a difference in my DT. My Moors love to surf the bubbles, so it was a good addition lol.

A little over a year, but for 6 or 7 bucks if it died tomorrow I figure i got my monies worth. I'd never ran one before and wanted to see if it made a difference in my DT. My Moors love to surf the bubbles, so it was a good addition lol.

Cool!
What's DT?

I have used the largest JW fusion too, not quite as much air as the largest Azoo.

The best thing would be an air pump with a built in battery back up. They are not cheap, but will keep pumping when the power goes out, which could save the whole tank. Azoo makes one.

It should say on the link I posted with the suggestion, but they have a lot of models to choose from so you may want one with a higher/lower rating.

Mr. Limpet,
It looks like the biggest Fusion pump is the 700 rated for 110 gallons. I found it for $16.95 online.......The price is definately right!

Fishguy2727,
Thanks for the info on the Fusion & Azoo pumps.

And I'm a tightwad (lol).....Can't see paying that much for a battery powered pump that I might only need once or twice a year.

It is expensive, but since it runs all the time and can stay on in a power outage, it could make the difference between fish making it during a power outage and all of them dying. It is a good option if it is worth the money to you.

It is expensive, but since it runs all the time and can stay on in a power outage, it could make the difference between fish making it during a power outage and all of them dying. It is a good option if it is worth the money to you.

Nope....I guess I'd rather spend my money on other supplies. I can always siphon the tank water and pour back into the aquarium (repeatedly) to oxygenate & offgas the water....Haven't had to do this yet but that's my plan in case of a lengthy power outage (knocking on wood).

Dennis

I have 2 top fin 8000's. They are about $25 and have 4 outputs that are adjustable with a dial on the top. I am very happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom