26g goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Mumma,
How long do you QT? I will never get a fish from a LFS again, but know a quality aquarist. Thoughts? My poor Bella is so lonely after her buddy passed.

Hi Mumma,
How long do you QT? I will never get a fish from a LFS again, but know a quality aquarist. Thoughts? My poor Bella is so lonely after her buddy passed.

Your poor Bella! Do you have the means the qt a new fish? Obviously, not everyone qts their new fish. Two to four wks is a general qt recommendation (longer, the better). Its always easier to treat an issue before introducing a fish to your main tank vs treating main tank. Good luck!! :)

Laurencallen74 said:
Hi Mumma,

As jlk said 2-4 weeks is usually sufficient. I do 2 if it's from a trusted source, longer if it's not. I was naughty and didn't QT my new oranda but he/she came from the same store as Percy and I saw they hadn't gotten a new shipment of Goldie's yet. I took a risk but it worked out. :)
If you have a QT that great! But if you don't, large storage containers work well as QT. That's what I use. You have to be careful they don't bow out at the sides because there's the risk of it breaking. I keep the lid on mine to hold the sides in. Because if the lid I have to use an internal filter but that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom