55 gallon Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky74

Aquarium Advice Freak

Soon to be upgraded to 75g and turned into a sump/refuge in the basement.

Inhabitants(to be relocated to 75g):

1-Redtailed shark
1-cory cat
1-Chinese algae eater(to be put in sump as he is a bully in the tank)
6-Clown Loaches(one in foreground rearranging the gravel as usual)
8-Tiger Barbs
9-Blood Fin Tetras
4-Danios
1-Gold Ram
2-Bolivian Rams
1-German Blue Ram

and Pinchy

The redtailed shark and the lobster share the tree trunk. The shark will literally sit on top of the claws, right in the lobsters face. The lobster has no interest in the fish. He gets fed like a king.

Predfan27 said:
Ever though about getting more corys?

Fully agreed. A lone Cory is a sad Cory. They will become your most active, entertaining and happy fish if you bump up their group to at least 5. Especially in a tank where there some semi-aggressive species...that one little guy is probably scared to death.

Welcome to the site by the way :)

eco23 said:
Fully agreed. A lone Cory is a sad Cory. They will become your most active, entertaining and happy fish if you bump up their group to at least 5. Especially in a tank where there some semi-aggressive species...that one little guy is probably scared to death.

Welcome to the site by the way :)

Word. Although. They have to compete with the loaches for most entertaining I'm sure :)

Predfan27 said:
Word. Although. They have to compete with the loaches for most entertaining I'm sure :)

I think the Corys and loaches will school together, right? That way you'll have one big inter-species school of the most equally entertaining fish, haha.

eco23 said:
I think the Corys and loaches will school together, right? That way you'll have one big inter-species school of the most equally entertaining fish, haha.

Probably. Until the clown loaches grow! I haven't had much luck having inter species schooling as far as bottom dwellers go unless you count different species of corys...

Yes, I do plan on getting more Corys when the 75g is up and running. The one I have in there is very active. He is constantly swimming all over the place and doing his sudden surface move out of nowhere. I've heard him hit the lid more than once :facepalm:

The loaches do school on occasion. They follow the tiger barbs around the tank a lot of the time. I had 5 and not until I added the 6th did they school.

The best schoolers are the blood fin tetras. They are almost always in their group swimming back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom