Aquriuam plant seeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prolific

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does any one have experience on aquriuam plants seeds and if they ever try then before going to do a small experiment with some

No direct experience but read about this on other forums. The primary complaints I saw were:
• No guarantee of the species of plant the seeds
• Best started via DSM. Dry Start Method is where the seeds are placed on wet substrate and grown under high humidity and decent lighting for a few weeks. Then the tank is “flooded”.
• Longevity: If the plants do grow, then tend to die off a few months later.
There are exceptions, of course.

No direct experience but read about this on other forums. The primary complaints I saw were:
• No guarantee of the species of plant the seeds
• Best started via DSM. Dry Start Method is where the seeds are placed on wet substrate and grown under high humidity and decent lighting for a few weeks. Then the tank is “flooded”.
• Longevity: If the plants do grow, then tend to die off a few months later.
There are exceptions, of course.
Thanks [emoji106]

100% agree with Fresh20. I bought some on amazon that were really cheap. The “carpet” plants were actually Hygrophila polysperma, which is a tall long-leaved stem plant. Tons of trouble submerging them and having them die after sprouting. IMO, good as a side project, but not a great way to actually plant your tank.

For small experiment they use aquarium mud and cups , plastic containers what ever you want to use. Mix the mud in contains with water till it is really wet mud and plant seeds, (not deep) and put plastic wrap over the top. Place under good warm light. And in a few days to a wk you should start seeing growth. I'm gonna be doing this soon too. Good luck!

100% agree with Fresh20. I bought some on amazon that were really cheap. The “carpet” plants were actually Hygrophila polysperma, which is a tall long-leaved stem plant. Tons of trouble submerging them and having them die after sprouting. IMO, good as a side project, but not a great way to actually plant your tank.
Did u use c02 this plants needs lotsss of c02. And ferts am going to run high c02 when i deside to put in water am on day five and they are sprouted like heck the thing is i put in two difreent type of seed in my aquriuam one that i got from ebay and a defreent one from china but they all got mix together some how but it looks good one os mini glasso
The other one habe no idea what it os looks like dwarf hair grass am going to put a pic today after work if you want to see it bro

For small experiment they use aquarium mud and cups , plastic containers what ever you want to use. Mix the mud in contains with water till it is really wet mud and plant seeds, (not deep) and put plastic wrap over the top. Place under good warm light. And in a few days to a wk you should start seeing growth. I'm gonna be doing this soon too. Good luck!
Thanks on day 5 and iys looking great my dude putting a pic today after work if you want to see it

Sweet! Progress... I got a pack of seeds too awhile back. But they are all very little seeds. Probably just some carpet seeds but I'll try them and see. You never know.
Yea just make sure when you fill your tank up with water that you run high co2 or not they will die and liquid fert will be useing Trive plus in this tank

A orgabic worm carsting soil cap with florite black and florite black sand

I'm gonna try eco complete with no Co2. I'm gonna need the eco complete for my tank anyways so I finger might as well.

Eco is ok i used it before it haves its pro and it cons just like everything else but defently a great subtrate by its self just use liquid firts g luck

P.s. C02 is every thing in a planted tank more inportant then light subtrate or filtration

Really depends on the plants. Some plants are more dependent on CO2 for proper growth. Most, but not all, carpet plants fall into that category.
About once a month I need to trim the excess plant growth from my no fert, no CO2 shrimp tank:
qrJKeYs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom