Cockatoo cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait54

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wanted to share my new addition believe it or not picked them up at my lfs!!

Attachments

• image-884944743.jpg
    image-884944743.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image-827951282.jpg
    image-827951282.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3654024103.jpg
    image-3654024103.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 103
Wow! I envy you. How much did that cost? I really want to get some but they cost 30 dollars.

This is a great 'starter apisto' because they are fairly undemanding in terms of care, and easy to breed. Triple red refers to the red coloration on the dorsal, caudal, and anal fins. Double red refers to a fish with red coloration on the dorsal and caudal, but not the anal fin. These varieties are the result of selective breeding.

Do you have any pics of your female? She will get a lot more flashy when the pair decides to spawn.

I did not know that. I have always been attracted to them but up until now I didn't have the space.

severum mama said:
This is a great 'starter apisto' because they are fairly undemanding in terms of care, and easy to breed. Triple red refers to the red coloration on the dorsal, caudal, and anal fins. Double red refers to a fish with red coloration on the dorsal and caudal, but not the anal fin. These varieties are the result of selective breeding.

Do you have any pics of your female? She will get a lot more flashy when the pair decides to spawn.

Wow thank you for the wealth of info!!!

Here is the female I looks like her back fin was nipped maybe someone at the lfs was nipping her other than that she looks good. She is fairly dull right. Now. I just got them yesterday. They've gotten along with every one ATM hopefully it stays that way.

Attachments

• image-2366848839.jpg
    image-2366848839.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 94
Actually, I think she looks really good for just being added yesterday. She will brighten up quite a bit and turn an intense yellow color if they decide to spawn.

severum mama said:
Actually, I think she looks really good for just being added yesterday. She will brighten up quite a bit and turn an intense yellow color if they decide to spawn.

Thanks! I had a pair about 6 months ago in a 25g had him for maybe 3 months then he pineconed i think he had dropsey. Any advise to keep this from happening?

I fed them tetra flakes and frozen brine 1-2x a week. And one fast day

I don't have any specific advice, no. Brine shrimp aren't terribly nutritious so you might want to consider something like frozen bloodworms or live blackworms for their live treats. I feed a combination of high quality pellet foods like NLS and Xtreme with occasional frozen treats. I just can't do blackworms, they are truly disgusting to me.

severum mama said:
I don't have any specific advice, no. Brine shrimp aren't terribly nutritious so you might want to consider something like frozen bloodworms or live blackworms for their live treats. I feed a combination of high quality pellet foods like NLS and Xtreme with occasional frozen treats. I just can't do blackworms, they are truly disgusting to me.

Lol. Ok thanks alot!

Back
Top Bottom