coralbandits fish room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got 5 out of the 10 new 5.5g tanks filled with fry already.
Received another large spawn of EBA eggs today.I think the alpha male is living life harem style...:whistle:Several rams spawns and still at least 10 dip and pours with fry ATM.
I could not resist taking about 50 wigglers from the Pelvicachromis Taeniatus Moliwe today .I could not see all the eggs apparently in the cave. They count as the most important dip and pour right now..
The male and female were tearing each other up pretty fierce !Lip lock for 45 seconds and all that..She moved the wigglers into his cave and then tried to kick him out !
I think that was the last straw and thought best this time to take the wigglers ASAP.
Fingers crossed big time on these and the parents not killing each other...

Had to install my back up 15A air pump in the closet.The balance to get all 24 tanks and 40+ outlets balanced was just to much.
I will just order a third 15A so I still have back up now that I am running 2 full time.
The Taeniatus Moliwe wigglers look good and male and female are sharing the same cave as I write this..I really thought they might kill each other yesterday ???The EBA eggs I took yesterday have hatched already and there appears to be 2-400 wigglers !This and the last batch may be all I need .maybe more with the 75 gone.:eek:
Looking through my ram grow out tanks I believe I have found a bandit made balloon ram !
I have pulled her and a handsome male with long fins into their own tank tonight .I'll get pictures of her when I can .She really is a beauty and I know she comes from good lines so.....:whistle:

Time to rewire the house :)
15A are the number on the Alita pump...Not additional draw ! LMAO:ROFLMAO:
It would be nice and not to hard probably to add a breaker to the one room?
The breaker box is right in it !:cool:
These are the two air pumps I am running now;
Alita AL-15A Air Pump + 12 Gang Manifold
I had the second as back up with a repair kit also ,so I just need to get one more and I will be good until....:whistle::facepalm:

Thank you, good info. On one hand when you look at what we use, led helps, there can’t be that much amperage. On the other, worst case adding a breaker is pretty low tech. I just absolutely hate messing with electricity
fing with the breaker panel makes my butt pucker lol . I hate electricity also. I added outlets around my growing fishroom but I just tapped into an existing line so I really didnt add anything extra. My room is running off two 15a breakers. Looks kinda scary lol especially since Im an OSH manager but I feel they are OK . I have them on a GFCI circuit

So quick update;
The wild kribs [PTM] wigglers are becoming free swimmers as I type !:flowers:
Very excited to have a larger stock of these guys !:cool:
The last acara eggs are also becoming free swimmers and 400 may be a light count...
The balloon ram has turned out to be a male I believe.I first thought it was a female but after 2 days in a tank with a male the behavior and I guess appearance now lead me to think it is a male. I have pulled the male tank mate and replaced with a nice female...:whistle:
One of my Red Picta males is starting to color up.Again excited to see what this may turn into as they all arrived looking like small guppies lacking color.
Glad to see at least one male out of group and am hoping to be breeding these guys soon.
Also waiting for my first batch from my Alpha swordtails..It looks like I got 6 males and 6 females from this group and they are growing nicely.
Weekend is close and I look forward to working the fish room and new additions....:dance:

Nice work!! I have a warm spot for those pelvicachromis

The last basement I finished I did run a circuit for outlets and a circuit for lights. I’m a baby when my hands are in a breaker box. I caught a big shock once, no beuno!

Good luck with the new kids

Free swimmers are all looking good today ! :dance:
Not a day later after making the switch in tank mates I have eggs in the balloon ram tank !:eek:
I have never been drawn to the balloon anything due to their genetic makeup but knowing this fish came from good 'normal' stock really has me interested.
So if eggs are still good in a day or two I should have first batch balloon rams going maybe ...:whistle:
Waiting on next batch of eggs from platinum angels and the PTM .The PTM are hanging together in his cave and around the tank. I am guessing when I see her in her cave there will be eggs? Maybe they will change it up but I like to look for repeating behavior to make keeping track of things easier.
I am keeping 1 @5.5g open for the PTM fry.
I have decided to use my 2 @40b that have been empty for EBA growouts.
Got a couple about 1 1/2 months old in the bottom and will soon have the paint strainers going in the other with over 600 that have hatched within 2 weeks of each other...
First ever breeder swap meet at my LFS next weekend and as much as love to move fish I think I will fill the 16' enclosed trailer with extra tanks and equipment and look to move that sort of thing more. I will bring fish but not so many it is a burden for me. Offering free delivery for the tanks might be a help in selling? Free shipping sure works every week for fish with me !
Just for starts I have 2@120 ,1@75 ,1@55 and 7@33 that are all dry now !
I am keeping one of the 120s for a future project though..:popcorn:
I can't get it up the stairs by myself is what I am going with for now...:whistle:

How many gallons was your Alita pump supporting before you added another?

I run 2 of the 15a for the whole three rooms .55 tanks so easily running 30 drops off each. The new 15a in the closet runs over 30 drops now.

Ok. I have one running one tank[emoji856]. It will be easy to expand I guess. Thanks for the insight

Hah ! I left the eggs with the 'balloon' male and their neighbors [yea both new pairs spawned in days of new tank with prepared water "love my TDS meter" ] .The next day many of the eggs were eaten ,but not all. So knowing I need to only see one wiggler to confirm proper pairing I pulled what was left and proceeded to artificially hatch...
This am ,WIGGLERS ! Not sure why I am so excited about a fish I have never really liked besiedes I know this ones history.These could be great fish ! Time will tell." T minus 4 months and counting ":popcorn:

I love the rain !

Rain day ! Play he music if you are reading...
Sooo maybe I will get extra stuff done since I technically have extra time ?
Going to get a piece of Manzanita wood for the 29g in the wall today.Saw a nice piece while I was getting hatchet fish the other day.I drained 1/2 the tank and removed a lot of the moss but still barely catch glimpses of the orange laser cories..:nono: The hatchet fish are too cool and love eating floating golden pearls already...I added a group of six silvers as they were all I could find anywhere...They seem to be enjoying the tank.I also added 3 farowella which is why I am making sure to add more real wood to the tank. Reading suggest that vertical placement is favorable for the twigs and their behavior..
Pulled eggs from 2 pairs of rams this am.I now have eggs from all three pairs of the 'red' rams from my EBR/GBR mix along with 3 other pairs.:whistle:
Trying a different approach with keeping pairs in their own tanks and using the dip and pour in the parents tank..I may need to paint the D&Ps so the parents [mostly males] don't see the fry and get all preoccupied ! :facepalm: This is so I can use the 40b that I usually float the D&Ps in to float paint strainer with EBA.Going to need atleast the 2 @40b that used to be ram ranch for all these acaras..Last single spawn is close to 600 free swimmers !:eek: How are you supposed to count them?:banghead: last 3 hatches are all now floating in 3 paint strainers in their new 40b! It will be chaos when I turn them all loose.
Thinking it could be time to move the PTM fry to their own 5g tank. They are very clustered in he D&P and adding hardscape showed they would appreciate some cover. They have knowledge of their surroundings at just under 2 weeks since being laid. Very interesting little fry.
Time and tanks to play with them. What more could you ask for ? Music?

Steely Dan! We definately are from the same generation. Manzanita, is my favorite. Not too common around here. Bought 3 nice pieces of it from an old mom and pop store going out of business. Have fun taking advantage of the Rainey day.

Free swimmers are all looking good today ! :dance:
Not a day later after making the switch in tank mates I have eggs in the balloon ram tank !:eek:
I have never been drawn to the balloon anything due to their genetic makeup but knowing this fish came from good 'normal' stock really has me interested.
So if eggs are still good in a day or two I should have first batch balloon rams going maybe ...:whistle:
Waiting on next batch of eggs from platinum angels and the PTM .The PTM are hanging together in his cave and around the tank. I am guessing when I see her in her cave there will be eggs? Maybe they will change it up but I like to look for repeating behavior to make keeping track of things easier.
I am keeping 1 @5.5g open for the PTM fry.
I have decided to use my 2 @40b that have been empty for EBA growouts.
Got a couple about 1 1/2 months old in the bottom and will soon have the paint strainers going in the other with over 600 that have hatched within 2 weeks of each other...
First ever breeder swap meet at my LFS next weekend and as much as love to move fish I think I will fill the 16' enclosed trailer with extra tanks and equipment and look to move that sort of thing more. I will bring fish but not so many it is a burden for me. Offering free delivery for the tanks might be a help in selling? Free shipping sure works every week for fish with me !
Just for starts I have 2@120 ,1@75 ,1@55 and 7@33 that are all dry now !
I am keeping one of the 120s for a future project though..:popcorn:
I can't get it up the stairs by myself is what I am going with for now...:whistle:
What is the length of the 33? I might want one

The 33 are 48 inches long by 12 wide and 12 deep.Great breeder tanks from your favorite store !The new will be here for some time as it was not cheap[$75] .
Same foot pint as a 55g
Still waiting on my trailer...:deadhorse:

Steely Dan! We definately are from the same generation. Manzanita, is my favorite. Not too common around here. Bought 3 nice pieces of it from an old mom and pop store going out of business. Have fun taking advantage of the Rainey day.
I am old and deserve a rain day....:whistle:
My wife thinks it is funny when I won't work in the rain but play in the fish room water !:facepalm:
Something different...

I like to listen to tunes when in the fish room..Spoiled with PC/TV and tunes right in fish room !

Back
Top Bottom