Dragonsmommys 55 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dragonmommy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Drumroll please...
Well my intentions were to cycle the tank for a while without fish. Unfortunatly I came home from buying supplies to find that the heater in my little tank (which due to other problems is cycling anyway) went out on me. The store didn't have another in stock so I my solution was to move everyone into the bing tank toinght. I added a filter from the other tank to help with my biology but I am sure I will have to do water changes daily or every other day for a while to keep my guys safe. Its all good, I am a stay-at-home-mom anyway.
I had to place the tank in my kitchen for lack of other available space, i have a feeling I will be doing more cooking in the near future! I still have no hoods so the top is open and I am using a hanging light for the fishies. Hopefully I will have hoods in a week or so.

I discovered something interesting... our whole house leans to the north. The north end of the house is about 1/2 an inch lower than the south side! Will this put undue strain on my tank?

I know the the tank is kinda bare right now. I have a large driftwood to ass but I am waiting on a pot large enough to boil it in.
I will but like 2 plants each payday (fake) till I have a nice fake lush area for my fishies to swim in, for now they have just a few areas to hide. I know the coarl and abalone may have to come out, but I love them in there!

I will add more pics later, but this tank is hard to photograph since my kitchen is so small.

img_514855_0_ff92c0114b9936ba4c64df19b3798de1.jpg

img_514861_0_11f6894c12d01558a399a61bef5daeaa.jpg

img_514861_1_002fee62a04b144b8348c70e29fbbcc0.jpg

The shells, OMG its the shells clouding my water! I took the shells and coral out, all except the tiny abalone because Gary (the snail) is having a heyday with it at the moment and cannot be torn away (literally)

Beautiful Tank Dragon! Who is the little darling who is so excited?

I'm sure you have your test kits handy and will monitor the water parameters incessantly until the tank is cycled.

In regard to the level of your home...it's not uncommon. I had a friend whose house did the same. Each time she baked a cake it came out lopsided.

You could put shims under the tank to level it out. Not too hard a job if done carefully. You may want to wait until you do a PWC to reduce the weight.

Cloudy water is to be expected in a new tank.......usually it's just bacterial bloom and a normal part of the cycling process.

Thank you. As for the testing kit, they were sold out!!!! All they has was the seperate nitrate and ammonia quick kit. I am going back today and if still nothing I may have to order a kit. To keep it under control I am just doing huge water changes every other day, usually 50% or more. Honestly I have never had anything but a ph test kit and never had fish loss due to ammonia to nitrates. I did bring the water in to be tested once or twice but it was always good water, even when i thought it was polluted water.

The excited one is my daughter Zoe she is 4. my son isn't too into fishies yet he's only 14 months.

OMG how come no one told me about my typo? That should be ADD not A$$

Back
Top Bottom