Khuli Loach one of my favs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amanos are little thugs. It's funny to watch them dash in and steal the food, while the fish are going "Hey!" :lol:

Ya they are! I'll drop 6 little pellets into a target feeding dish for the snails and shrimp. It's and algae/calcium pellet from aquatic arts. And 2 loach pellets for the Khuli's. The minute I drop them in the Amanos try to carry it all off and hoard it. I had to move where I feed the Khuli's right in the middle of where they hang out so they could eat something before the Amanos steal it all. Poor snails were probably starving before I realized what was happening. I have gone back to blanched greens for them the the Amanos can carry.

My most houmourous memory of Amano are when they would capture a falling bottom feeder sinking wafer from Hikari, and sit in the branches munching it like a hamburger.

Usual light vacuum and PWC. I got my Jungle Val's planted. New large leaf Anubias attached to boulder. Have had a light particle dusting since the tank redo so I set up the circulation pump to keep it moving so it can make its way to the canister poly and out of the water. IMG_7401.jpgIMG_7402.jpgIMG_7403.jpg
Trimmed some of the rooted plants in the back. They have new growth at the bottom but the tops were melting and had some algae. Hoping they come back.

Landscape supply called it black lava. But it isn't black? A mix of red, grey and black.

I like the thought that can go into these smaller tanks.

Mine gets to be bit of a jungle. I swear I've got three layers of Java Fern in one corner where plantlets are growing on other plantlets on the original Fern and I'm just thinking I must do something there but I'd have to get the ladder and the catfish can still fight their way through so ....

Must do to! I was just thinking Java Fern on the rock could look nice. Auction night tonight - would be nice to be selling something, not buying.

Your tank looks great Tmaier. I think I overcrowd my own scapes with too large a variety of plants at times. I've only got one tank with a minimal plant list and I enjoy it more than my jungle tanks. Keep up the good work ��

Thank you.
I do love variety. If it comes down to plants or shoes, the plants always win.

Back
Top Bottom