"Lost City of Atlantis" Lego Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

threnjen

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I prefer to "specialize" in natural looks. I prefer my tanks with only real wood and real plants (See my build at http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/90g-planted-build-ongoing-305763.html)

I had a new challenge to rise to which is a themed tank for my 5-year-old's birthday. He has really enjoyed our large tank and helps me take care of it and feeds the fish every day.

A kid has different interests though than I do and he wanted a tank that is "fun". I just can't stand the themed ornaments though from Petsmart/Petco so I suggested to him a Lego set picked out especially for the aquarium. We looked at all of the underwater themed Lego sets and he picked a particular one from the Atlantis series which I then proceeded to win on eBay for a STEAL.

So here it is - "Lost City of Atlantis". The set is "Portal to Atlantis". There are three divers, a hammerhead shark monster, and four mermaid figures in the tank.

It was an unexpected perk that under the "night" lights on the fixture, the plants, gravel, and parts of the divers glow.

I'm REALLY happy with how this tank turned out for him and he LOVES it!

Tank: 20G Long
Lighting: Current USA LED+
Filter: Eheim 2213 Canister
Substrate: Black petco sand w/ green/blue gravel accents
Plants: All fake and brightly colored
Inhabitants: 4 male Platies, 5 Green Cories. A few more to come later, but not tons more.

Attachments

• full tank white.jpg
    full tank white.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 515
  • full tank night.jpg
    full tank night.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 493
  • portal closeup.jpg
    portal closeup.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 469
  • mermaids closeup.jpg
    mermaids closeup.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
Looks good! Our only "unnatural" tank is also the kiddo's tank. We've had fun with it and I'm surprised how well I like it! Your kids must have been so proud. Way to go mom!

Yeh your lad must be thrilled. I would be! The night one reminds me of zangarmarsh. I'm not going to go too in to that. I'm nerdy enough as it is!

Good job :)

Yeh your lad must be thrilled. I would be! The night one reminds me of zangarmarsh. I'm not going to go too in to that. I'm nerdy enough as it is!

Good job :)
Hmm I don't know, the tank doesn't have any giant mushrooms. But, maybe yes with the glow
:cool:

Looks good! Our only "unnatural" tank is also the kiddo's tank. We've had fun with it and I'm surprised how well I like it! Your kids must have been so proud. Way to go mom!
Thanks! It was a fun challenge, I couldn't imagine doing an unnatural. How did you decorate yours?

@Caliban your nerdisms are not lost on me!

P.S. I've noticed the Green Cories might get too big for this tank, so they will probably eventually move to the 90g. I didn't realize this was one of the bigger cory species.

@Caliban your nerdisms are not lost on me!

P.S. I've noticed the Green Cories might get too big for this tank, so they will probably eventually move to the 90g. I didn't realize this was one of the bigger cory species.

You don't craft it up now and then do you? Lol.

It failed after Outland.

Back to the fish I'm getting a small angel today and 2 rams! :D

You don't craft it up now and then do you? Lol.

It failed after Outland.

Back to the fish I'm getting a small angel today and 2 rams! :D
Off and on, but I'd say I am fully retired at last. But I was playing as recently as a year ago. My hubby always starts back up again and then I get to feeling left out and end up participating. But not again. I just don't have the time for the activities that I enjoyed the most (end-game raiding w/my guild)

Ooh an Angel and Rams! That's like the best stock day ever :D

I'm annoyed at myself for not realizing the cories are a big variety. I picked them because they were a buck each at Petsmart. Here I'm so good at research and I go and pick the wrong fish :nono: I'll probably need to replace them later on with Dwarf Cories.

Off and on, but I'd say I am fully retired at last. But I was playing as recently as a year ago. My hubby always starts back up again and then I get to feeling left out and end up participating. But not again. I just don't have the time for the activities that I enjoyed the most (end-game raiding w/my guild)

Ooh an Angel and Rams! That's like the best stock day ever :D

I'm annoyed at myself for not realizing the cories are a big variety. I picked them because they were a buck each at Petsmart. Here I'm so good at research and I go and pick the wrong fish :nono: I'll probably need to replace them later on with Dwarf Cories.

Lol nerd alert!!

I'm just play the futuristic version of craft now. I still have fond memories of trying to get in Scarlett monastery with being slain. The changes took the feel if the game away and the uniqueness if talents builds was lost.

I didn't get them today darn it. I bought some plants and a tube.

Tomorrow maybe.

Back
Top Bottom