Monster fish/tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreadz said:
I just picked up my monster tank tonight! Really couldn't say no although my wife doesn't feel the same way!!!
It measures in at 66"(l) x 36"(d) x 24"(h) and depending on whether your in US or UK that's 246gal (us) or 205gal (uk) or 934litres wherever else you are!!!!
And the best part - only cost me £25 ($40).
I've got some work to do, building a stand and sealing it (its been part of a centralised system and I'll be running it standalone to start) gathering all the equipment I'm going to need on a budget and finding the time what with work, family (three young kids;) but it will all be worth it and I'll start a thread to document it's progress. I'll post a picture as soon as if stops raining long enough to take a decent pic of it (its going to have to live in my back garden for now!!)

Wow I want to be in your stage of the monster tank NOW! Keep me updated call the thread we got monster tonight and I will follow I can't wait!

Dreadz said:
I just picked up my monster tank tonight! Really couldn't say no although my wife doesn't feel the same way!!!
It measures in at 66"(l) x 36"(d) x 24"(h) and depending on whether your in US or UK that's 246gal (us) or 205gal (uk) or 934litres wherever else you are!!!!
And the best part - only cost me £25 ($40).
I've got some work to do, building a stand and sealing it (its been part of a centralised system and I'll be running it standalone to start) gathering all the equipment I'm going to need on a budget and finding the time what with work, family (three young kids;) but it will all be worth it and I'll start a thread to document it's progress. I'll post a picture as soon as if stops raining long enough to take a decent pic of it (its going to have to live in my back garden for now!!)

One more thing what are you thinking of stocking this bad boy with??? I know it's a few steps away but just wondering :)

Was initially intending to go with discus when i finally got a monster tank but acquired two redback angels not long before my old 75gal tank went belly up and can't keep them in a 20gal for long. My little girls have become rather attached to them so rehoming them may not be an option so that would put the discus idea on hold for a while. My clown loaches will love the extra room that they desperately need and may get one or two more to add to my trio. Gotta love clowns!! Will have a small army of cory's on cleanup but not really given stocking much thought as yet. That's still some way off but any suggestions people please feel free :)

Dreadz said:
Was initially intending to go with discus when i finally got a monster tank but acquired two redback angels not long before my old 75gal tank went belly up and can't keep them in a 20gal for long. My little girls have become rather attached to them so rehoming them may not be an option so that would put the discus idea on hold for a while. My clown loaches will love the extra room that they desperately need and may get one or two more to add to my trio. Gotta love clowns!! Will have a small army of cory's on cleanup but not really given stocking much thought as yet. That's still some way off but any suggestions people please feel free :)

I know it's not recommended but I've got discus with clown loaches and did have angels too if I was you I'd take the plunge they doo get used to their tank mates after some time and mine are happy as larry!

...joey... said:
I know it's not recommended but I've got discus with clown loaches and did have angels too if I was you I'd take the plunge they doo get used to their tank mates after some time and mine are happy as larry!

I've seen several people on various sites recommend clowns with discus but none with angels. General opinion seems to be a big no.
My first tank ,which I was given, came complete with a single discus (not a good idea to begin with!) and two angels amongst others, but as I now know, that tank was way too small for them and that combined with the lack of proper care they'd been given before they came into my possession meant they didn't last too long!
I know what your saying is true to an extent but if I stocked it with discus and then had to remove the angels I think the divorce papers would follow soon after as another tank setup would likely cause riots in my house!! I'm already in the doghouse for bringing home this tank!!!

Dreadz said:
I've seen several people on various sites recommend clowns with discus but none with angels. General opinion seems to be a big no.
My first tank ,which I was given, came complete with a single discus (not a good idea to begin with!) and two angels amongst others, but as I now know, that tank was way too small for them and that combined with the lack of proper care they'd been given before they came into my possession meant they didn't last too long!
I know what your saying is true to an extent but if I stocked it with discus and then had to remove the angels I think the divorce papers would follow soon after as another tank setup would likely cause riots in my house!! I'm already in the doghouse for bringing home this tank!!!

Hahaha no worries if there's no way you can get rid of the angels I would do the same and not risk it :)

Dreadz said:

You must love your wife tremendously!

Back
Top Bottom