Monster fish/tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

...joey...

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to see everyone's monster fish/tanks I'm saving at the moment for one and want to see some example pictures...

...joey... said:
I want to see everyone's monster fish/tanks I'm saving at the moment for one and want to see some example pictures...

lol what do you consider a "monster" tank? To me a 400 gallon African tank would be MONSTER tank as opposed to my 75 gallon.

Convict2161 said:
lol what do you consider a "monster" tank? To me a 400 gallon African tank would be MONSTER tank as opposed to my 75 gallon.

400 upwards! I'm thinking like arowana and peacock bass and fish alike :)

I envy anything more than 100(actually that's a lie, I've seen 10 gallons on here I envy :p). There is no way I will ever own anything bigger than a 50-75 gallon. :(

I haven't seen to many of those on this board. You need to hit another board for those.

Well give it maybe six months and il have my ten foot tank :) I'm stocking it with 4 peacock bass 1 arowana and two rays but not sure which ones yet. When I get it il post up pics :)

...joey... said:
Well give it maybe six months and il have my ten foot tank :) I'm stocking it with 4 peacock bass 1 arowana and two rays but not sure which ones yet. When I get it il post up pics :)

10ft! how many gallons is that i havent learned all the different measurements yet

vance1013 said:
10ft! how many gallons is that i havent learned all the different measurements yet

It will be around 1500 litres not sure what that is in gallons.

vance1013 said:
Just looked it up its 356 gallons thats still huge lol
I can't wait my friends dad builds aeroplanes and is constructing for me out of the acrylic they use for the windows it's almost bulletproof apparently then I'm going to hang two one metre led strips from the ceiling and have it open top :)

...joey... said:
I can't wait my friends dad builds aeroplanes and is constructing for me out of the acrylic they use for the windows it's almost bulletproof apparently then I'm going to hang two one metre led strips from the ceiling and have it open top :)

Very nice how deep and wide is gunna be rounded or rectangle

I just picked up my monster tank tonight! Really couldn't say no although my wife doesn't feel the same way!!!
It measures in at 66"(l) x 36"(d) x 24"(h) and depending on whether your in US or UK that's 246gal (us) or 205gal (uk) or 934litres wherever else you are!!!!
And the best part - only cost me £25 ($40).
I've got some work to do, building a stand and sealing it (its been part of a centralised system and I'll be running it standalone to start) gathering all the equipment I'm going to need on a budget and finding the time what with work, family (three young kids;) but it will all be worth it and I'll start a thread to document it's progress. I'll post a picture as soon as if stops raining long enough to take a decent pic of it (its going to have to live in my back garden for now!!)

Dreadz said:
I just picked up my monster tank tonight! Really couldn't say no although my wife doesn't feel the same way!!!
It measures in at 66"(l) x 36"(d) x 24"(h) and depending on whether your in US or UK that's 246gal (us) or 205gal (uk) or 934litres wherever else you are!!!!
And the best part - only cost me £25 ($40).
I've got some work to do, building a stand and sealing it (its been part of a centralised system and I'll be running it standalone to start) gathering all the equipment I'm going to need on a budget and finding the time what with work, family (three young kids;) but it will all be worth it and I'll start a thread to document it's progress. I'll post a picture as soon as if stops raining long enough to take a decent pic of it (its going to have to live in my back garden for now!!)

Wow id love that tank!! Thats awesome good luck :)

vance1013 said:
Very nice how deep and wide is gunna be rounded or rectangle

Ten by two foot width and three foot height and rectangle :)

Back
Top Bottom