My 140L Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthym

Aquarium Advice Regular
Had this tank for about 18 months ago.

In terms of setup it's taken a few different twists and turns. Starting to get into planted tanks a little but the wife is a little put off saying she doesn't want it to look like a swamp. Should mention she wanted 2 of the larger plants in the front corners :whistle:

Not to worry though. Off to get some more plants this weekend I think and move the heater to the right side next to the filter so I can hide that a little better.

Background is the original that came with the tank so I'm think of painting that blue in the coming weeks when I get around to it.

Critique away!

This has been in the works for a number of weeks but I'm finally (I think) at a stage where I'm happy (until next week).

I was moving into planted tanks but my Mollies and Corydoras just destroyed them which was an expensive exercise when you're buying new plants every week without fail. I hope to go back to a planted tank when I just stock with just Tetra's.

Attachments

• 58001_10151497283440750_728534462_n.jpg
    58001_10151497283440750_728534462_n.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 151
This has been in the works for a number of weeks but I'm finally (I think) at a stage where I'm happy (until next week).

I was moving into planted tanks but my Mollies and Corydoras just destroyed them which was an expensive exercise when you're buying new plants every week without fail. I hope to go back to a planted tank when I just stock with just Tetra's.

Healthy plants shouldn't get touched by cories and mollies! I say get a bucket load of various big and small live plants and chuck them in where you want. From there it's a learning curve! But that is just my opinion :?

Switched to a sand substrate about a fortnight ago now and very pleased with how much cleaner the tank looks.

I've gone to using fake silk plants for the time being until I can find a decent supplier of plants here. My local lfs just doesn't have good stock plant wise and I've been disappointed with my purchases there.

Attachments

• 2013-05-15 14.38.25.jpg
    2013-05-15 14.38.25.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 100
Switched to a sand substrate about a fortnight ago now and very pleased with how much cleaner the tank looks.

I've gone to using fake silk plants for the time being until I can find a decent supplier of plants here. My local lfs just doesn't have good stock plant wise and I've been disappointed with my purchases there.

What kind of sand did you get?

What kind of sand did you get?

I got triple washed beach sand from a local landscape supply shop. $5 for 20kg (11 pounds) which isn't a bad price.

That's a lovely tank you got there.

Thanks! Still a work in progress. The driftwood is a new addition although the wife is complaining about the tannins but I like the look.

I really want to go planted. That's next on the agenda :)

Back
Top Bottom