My 2 Setups & Stocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JarJarDoink

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank 1 - 5 Gallon

4 Glofish
4 Red Eye Tetra
3 Guppy
2 Julii Cory
2 Black Neon Tetra
2 Gold Barb
1 Pleco

Tank 2 - 3 Gallon

4 Dwarf Gourami
6 Neon Tetra
1 Pleco

Attachments

• image-1014339340.jpg
    image-1014339340.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 189
  • image-819338863.jpg
    image-819338863.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 182
those tanks are horribky overstocked,too small for any fish you have too

Oh my goodness...you have a pleco in a 3 gallon tank? I have to be frank with you, this is a very bad situation and these tanks are hideously overstocked. Here's some info that I really hope will help:

Tank 1 - 5 Gallon

4 Glofish - min. school size 6 min. tank size 20 long/29 gal
4 Red Eye Tetra - min. school size 6 min. tank size 30 gals
3 Guppy - min. group size 3 min. tank size 10 gals
2 Julii Cory - min. shoal size 4-6 min. tank size 20 gals
2 Black Neon Tetra - min. school size 6 min. tank size 10 gals
2 Gold Barb - min. school size 6 min. tank size 30-40 gals
1 Pleco - Do you know what kind of pleco? Could be anything from 20 gals min. to over 100.

Fish that are suitable for a 5 gallon are one betta or a school of micro rasbora. There isn't much else besides shrimp and snails.

Tank 2 - 3 Gallon

4 Dwarf Gourami - Do they fight? Typically you can only have one per tank. You can have 1 in a 10 gal. If they don't fight at all I guess you could have all four in a 20 gal..29 would probably be better.
6 Neon Tetra - min school size 6 min. tank size 10 gals.
1 Pleco - same as above

Fish that are suitable for a 3 gallon are maybe a school of micro rasbora depending on the dimensions of the tank. Otherwise only shrimp and snails.

You could increase each fish to their proper group size and easily fill a 55 gallon with them. In that case everything would work except for the plecos if they are common's or another large species. Or you could get everything into a 30 gal and a 20 gal. If this isn't an option I would recommend you look into rehoming the fish. I don't want to sound critical, I am not judging you, but the situation the fish are in right now is not fair to them.

Also I wonder if you cycled these tanks? With this type of overstocking I'm guessing there are a lot of toxins in the water poisoning the fish. Do you have the kit to test for ammonia,nitrate, and nitrite?

Back
Top Bottom