My 29 g Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryansmth76

Aquarium Advice Regular
[emoji4] Hey everyone ! I am new to this forum and new to the world of cichlids as well. Earlier i always used to have some gold fishes or iridescent sharks, red tail sharks in my tank.Then I came to know about cichlids, read a few articles about them and found them very interesting and decided to bring some of them to my aquarium.
So I brought 4 covicts, 4 yellow labs and 4 kenyis and made some caves of rock for them. That time they were very small only about 2 or 3 cms in size.
After some 18-20 days i saw two of the convicts behaving aggressively towards other fishes and protecting a particular area from them. Soon after 2-3 days i understood the reason after seeing their bunch of eggs on the gravel. After that i separated the pair of that two convicts from others by putting a divider into the tank. After 4-5 days which was 11 th of this month the babies were out of their eggs. [emoji1] [emoji1] They are about 50-60 in numbers and the parents are really taking care of each of them very nicely. If any baby swims away from the others the parents brings them back by putting them in their mouth. Seriously these cichlids are really very fun to watch.[emoji4]
uploadfromtaptalk1439553939114.jpg

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk

The Convict pair and their eggsuploadfromtaptalk1439554915221.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439554961113.jpg

Cool! You're going to have a lot more eggs than that ;) convicts are breeding machines, tons of babies before you know it!

Caleb

Cool! You're going to have a lot more eggs than that ;) convicts are breeding machines, tons of babies before you know it!

Caleb
What the hell !!! Really???[emoji47] there are already 50-60 baby convicts in the tank and that much is enough.

11 th of august tons of cichlid fries uploadfromtaptalk1439558393974.jpg

Caleb
You were right @CALEB convicts are really breeding machines. After [emoji20] eating up the first batch of fries(somehow i managed to separate and save a fry [emoji56]) these breeding machines are ready again with their next batch of eggs [emoji1]. I am little worried that are they going to eat them again??? What should i do to save them. Pls guys i need ur suggestions [emoji4].uploadfromtaptalk1440961031387.jpguploadfromtaptalk1440961082285.jpg

You're gonna have to move the parents to the other side of the divider when the hatch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're gonna have to move the parents to the other side of the divider when the hatch.

Thanks[emoji4] [emoji106] I was thinking of a separate small tank for the fries. The only question in my mind is that would it be difficult to take care of them in a separate tank???

New convict babies[emoji4] uploadfromtaptalk1441395965150.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441396041078.jpguploadfromtaptalk1441396111539.jpg[emoji1]

Very cool! Have the parents been eating any?

Not yet[emoji4] fingers crossed. But I keep watching them don't know when they ll start eating their fries again.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

It looks like my breeding machine is ready for the third round[emoji12] [emoji2] she s again in her breeding colours. So I separated the fries in a separate tank. Wanted to attach the pics but don't know why file upload is getting failed again n again[emoji37]

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom