My first planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monk3y

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_4753.jpg

I will add more plants as long as things stay alive for a month or so.

Love the look, can't wait to watch it grow.

Very nice. Look forward to seeing more pics as the plants grow.

Thanks everyone, I do want to add some rocks, just not sure what kind would fit in.

Thanks everyone, I do want to add some rocks, just not sure what kind would fit in.

Take your time and pick out I'd say 3 rocks of the same kind. They don't have to be big but 3 would be nice. One higher then the other etc etc. the last rock being the smallest.

Be sure they are aquarium safe rocks. If they are sold as such, they should be. If you want to use your own rocks from other sources search here and on the web for info about aquarium safe rocks. There is a lot of information on it out there. I agree with the three rocks in you size tank. I'm partial to odd numbers of rocks. I have 5 in my tank.

Be sure they are aquarium safe rocks. If they are sold as such, they should be. If you want to use your own rocks from other sources search here and on the web for info about aquarium safe rocks. There is a lot of information on it out there. I agree with the three rocks in you size tank. I'm partial to odd numbers of rocks. I have 5 in my tank.

I picked all my rocks from the woods in my area. Wash then with vinegar, soak and scrub them. Post pics of the rocks/stones here first if you want. You'd be surprised where the LFS get there rocks from, I'm talking mom and pop places as non of the chains around me sell rocks or driftwood.

We mostly have limestone here which definitely high on the not safe for aquariums list.

Back
Top Bottom