New lights on cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't believe it took you this long to ditch those LEDs!!! I hate them, the spectrum is just to far off for my personal taste. I use T5HO's exclusively on all my tanks using a combination of 10k's and rosette's, this gives me the best coloration for my specific fish.

Looks awesome now!!!

I can't believe it took you this long to ditch those LEDs!!! I hate them, the spectrum is just to far off for my personal taste. I use T5HO's exclusively on all my tanks using a combination of 10k's and rosette's, this gives me the best coloration for my specific fish.

Looks awesome now!!!

Wow!! Thanks bro! That means ALOT coming from you! I can't believe it took me this long either lol. I can't believe these are the same fish!

Which do you like better. Top is the stock Deep Blue bulbs. Bottom is ATI bulbs.

img_2506168_0_b8987c874a0e5ac29fd45d1d1342c148.jpg

Wow that's tough, the top one I like the fish better but the bottom one makes the hardscape better:banghead: That's why I like my T5's the color combinations are limitless, where as the basic LED's are just to harsh for my taste.

Last edited:
Wow that's tough, the top one I like the fish better but the bottom one makes the hardscape better:banghead: That's why I like my T5's the color combinations are limitless, where as the basic LED's are just to harsh for my taste.

Yeah I'm driving myself nuts lol!! I'm not use to all the options!!

Top has a 10k and a actinic 460 the bottom is the 10k and a ATI purple plus.

I was hoping it was the 4 bulb so you could incorporate them all. I love my 48" 4 bulb and my 72" 8 bulb Aquaticlife T5HO fixtures, a little pricy but the reflectors are amazing and I love the built in timers!

I was hoping it was the 4 bulb so you could incorporate them all. I love my 48" 4 bulb and my 72" 8 bulb Aquaticlife T5HO fixtures, a little pricy but the reflectors are amazing and I love the built in timers!

I'm getting the 4 bulb aquatic life fixture for Father's Day or should I aim high for the 8?

Did you get the new light yet? Here is what mine looks like, don't look at tanks it's pretty dirty before water change day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 66
Did you get the new light yet? Here is what mine looks like, don't look at tanks it's pretty dirty before water change day.

Not yet, its ordered though. Been real busy lately. Should be here next week. Pretty excited!!

Back
Top Bottom