Re-Vamped 55 Gallon Tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I finally re-vamped my 55 gallon tank after months of planning... I still need to get the live plants and add a few final touches to it... But I'm happy for now. Tell me what you guys think!

BEFORE SHOT:

img_1612513_0_d94fcf9fa6841c224538345163a71ed8.jpg

AFTER SHOT:

img_1612513_1_8df1a97a26ba709345ce57288f808b08.jpg

And of course... I had the best opportunity to take pictures of the fish, so here they are, old and new.

Two: Austrailian Rainbow Fish & Three: Tiger Barbs

img_1612513_2_3f6934fc6fbc589644e393683fa0f9af.jpg

Two: Austrailian Rainbowfish; Two: Tiger Barbs; One: Golden Barb

img_1612513_3_ecf45cbc0ad619666087a12f7ddb29c6.jpg

One: African Brown Knife: One: Gold Gourami One: Hi-Fin Pleco

img_1612513_4_1a9a9afd623a19c2f26b0713b1d08e3f.jpg

And I couldn't resist... My pleco is so cute and has grown so much from the one inch fish I had! Its hard to see how pretty his markings really are, or how beautiful and full his fins are... But here we are!

img_1612513_5_f0b9d307ce5bbadce7e1111201200110.jpg

Its doing great, thanks for asking! My fish seem alot happier- particularly my brown knife. He loves sifting through the sand and spends alot more time out of hiding than he did before.

I added a bunch of live plants to the tank... Im growing them out for my 46 gallon, but im starting to really like the way they look..

img_1642987_0_0af09d371b64d4e55b43d563b92dddaf.jpg

i like it, im missing the little structure you had on the left side of your old tank lol, and the live plants really are going to look good

I still have it... I just couldnt find a place to put it and still keep the tank symmetrical, lol. Plus the only fish that really hid are my knife and pleco, and they always used the root thing. I want to give my Tiger Barbs and Rainbowfish a little more space to swim.

I planted two Anubias and 8 stalks of Wisteria about two weeks ago and they are already starting to sprout new roots. The wisteria has unfurled a few new leaves, too, that were only buds before. Im excited!

imm glad there were no casualties or anything, they look like a very interesting selection of fish!
what is in the breeder net can i ask? lol x

Yeah, I tried to do it as painlessly as possible... I put tank water in a big, clean, 30 gallon garbage can, put the filter in there and the heater... Fixed the tank the way I wanted, put the 30 gallons of water back in, and then floated the fish in bags for 20 minutes. The filter cartridges remained untouched so that the majority of the BB would still be alright.

Thats the tank with 5 tiger barbs, a gold gourami, 4 australian rainbowfish, a pleco, and a brown knife.

I had a whole ton of dalmation mollies (31) and guppy fry (5) from work. I raised those that survived up and gave most of them to a few friends of mine. I only have one dalmation molly left, and one guppy. I *had* three mollys but one died recently (it had always been a little on the runty side) and the other one I think got out of the net and was eaten. I never found him.

i have a breeder box with 6 guppy fry in it. my oscar is figuring out how to remove the lid at an alarming rate haha...

how big is the pleco now? x

I bought him at 2 inches. A year later, he is now about 8 inches.

I dont have a super recent picture of him. I took a pic when I re did the tank, and since then he's grown at least an inch... Im not sure if its the substrate, the sudden inclusion of live plants, or what... But hes getting big!

The pic I have of him, hes 6" or so, though its hard to tell because of the bag and the semi-blurry photo.

img_1647301_0_f0b9d307ce5bbadce7e1111201200110.jpg

Well, in my 55 gallon tank, I do Omega One tropical fish food 2X daily, in relatively small amounts. The fish get blood worms 3X a week (mostly because my knife prefers blood-worms to brine shrimp or flakes) along with algae wafers. About once a week, I do some sort of blanched leafy green, such as collard greens or mustard greens (whatever I have for my bearded dragon) which my pleco LOVES.

Ill put the veggie in that night and when I go to turn the lights on in the morning, the pleco is always happily munching away at the leaf... Until he sees me. Then he runs like heck.

People tell me my fish are spoiled. I just say they are loved.

loved and spoiled are completely different haha!

i never see my pleco eating, yet somehow it is quite fat. eh if its happy its happy

what is the tank in your profile pic? x

The profile picture was how that 55 gallon tank looked originally when it was first set up, believe it or not. Its evolved a lot in the past year.

Back
Top Bottom