Redid my tank..... Again!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Jealous! No one (except my 3yo) in my whole family is interested in fish keeping.
Cool tank btw!

Well I had no choice my dad has the whole family involved lol
Thank you I'm glad you like it :)

fishyperson3010 said:
Look great
What fish do you have in there

Thanks!
I have:
5 peppered cories
3 bristlenose plecos (2m 1f 2brown albino)
1 gold gourami
1 red tail shark
9-10 rummynose tetras
8 black skirt tetras
4 SAE
4 mystery snails

TT71 said:
Looks great. When you put the hood on it sealed the deal.

Thank you!
It sure did :)

Hi very nice looking tank very natural(y) Now to your original question:cool:. I feel that it needs a taller single plant at the back left hand side - this is because your eye follows the wood upwards but then comes to an abrupt end and needs balance with a taller plant on that side to bring your eye back down towards the substrate - does that all makes sense:angel:

stingrays4 said:
Hi very nice looking tank very natural(y) Now to your original question:cool:. I feel that it needs a taller single plant at the back left hand side - this is because your eye follows the wood upwards but then comes to an abrupt end and needs balance with a taller plant on that side to bring your eye back down towards the substrate - does that all makes sense:angel:

Thanks.
There is a tiger lotus behind the java ferns I can let grow upwards. :) I have some vals but I ripped them out because my snails kept chewing though the leaves and making a mess. :/

savage said:
That looks great! I like the natural look too, so I'm slowly (not really slowly) replacing decorations and fake plants with driftwood and live. The patience part really makes me lose my patience! LOL! Great tank!

Thank you! :)

stingrays4 said:
Hi sounds like a plan(y) i reckon your substrate looks really good too(y) The lid also looks really good:)

Thanks again :)
The substrate wasn't planned. I originally went dirt with gravel cap but the gaps between the gravel were letting dirt particles up so I dumped a whole heap of play sand in. :D

Jason7894561230 said:
Just so you know that Shark is going to get really aggresive as he matures. But you probably know that :D

I know. :) He's 3.5-4 inches already and a terror. I've nearly rehomed him a couple of times. He's behaving, for now.

Mumma.of.two said:
Eight! A 2.5g betta, 8g betta, 10g betta and rasboras, 17g community, 26g goldfish, 40g goldfish, 70g community and an 8g riparium that's empty.

Hey mumma what is a riparium

dont have a red tail but an uncle does.. hes won best with it maybe twice out of four times.... Let me tell you your monster looks better than my uncles

Back
Top Bottom