room for more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a betta and a swordtail in my 5.5gal, is there room for anything else? Is there room for some sort of an algae eater like some ottos?:fish2:

New said:
I have a betta and a swordtail in my 5.5gal, is there room for anything else? Is there room for some sort of an algae eater like some ottos?:fish2:

I would say its pretty stocked but, you could get an Amano Shrimp, or a Nerite Snail.

They should be. =] You don't have to get just one snail or one shrimp either. You can get many shrimp or 3-4 snails, or both.

Also, that swordtail, unfortunately, is gonna get too big and messy for that size of a tank. Can you upgrade, or possibly return him to the fish store, or find a new home for him? If not, then I wouldn't add any more fish. =]

Also, ottos are too active for that size of tank, I would recommend them in a 10-15 gallon minimum, in groups of 3 or more.

Yeah i'm looking to get a 10 gallon in the next week or 2, would that be enough room?

Yeah, I think you could do one in a 10g, though I wouldn't add any more. =] If you got a 10g, you could do your betta, swordtail, and probably a school of SMALL Fish (neon tetras, harlequin rasboras, etc). With the snails/shrimp.

Yep it has been for about a week and a half now

Back
Top Bottom