120 gal peninsula build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seen the type setup you are doing before,looking forward to seeing your progress.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Plumbing is gonna be fun? I'm really concerned about water flow, sugestions? And Anyone have any advise on sump? I have a 65gal one now on my current 55gal dt (ya I know, bigger sump than DT). The new stand is 40" high so good amount of room for my skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Plumbing should be simple. The overflow and return will be on the same side. It will need a much larger than average return pump to make up for the head loss from the bends and distance needed to get the return from the end of the sump to the overflow end again.
You won't need to redesign your current sump for this, how it is will be fine. It'll just be more PVC.

Was thinking of just using a HOB over flow. My return pump is a lifeguard 6000 (1876gph). Pretty sure that should get the job done. Lighting is 2 250w MH, 4 46" t5s, and some led moon lights. Thinking it should be good for now. This was a spur of the moment build. Hopefully it will all come together in the end. Oh ya. Any thoughts on if I should use styrofoam under the tank or not? And what would be the best to coat the plywood with so over the years it doesn't swell with accidental water spillage.

No need for anything under the tank of the stand is level. It'll be fine.
As for the coating, simple polyurethane will do. Keeping things clean will be all the protection you'd need. You could even use linoleum to floor and line the walls to protect the insides. Another member even rhinolined the inside of his stand once.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453416228.423957.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453416246.507751.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453416271.360230.jpg

Slow going but, first door assembled and all the other door parts cut.

Problems getting. Tank so now it's a 150 tall. Same foot print just 6" taller. Stand is done. Just waiting on a tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456317886.703730.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456317922.189555.jpg

Back
Top Bottom