Ingy's 120 ish gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ingy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok folks, I'm starting a thread for the new tank I want to build. Right now the wife and I are in negotiations on the custom built in cabinetry that will be built. Either side of my fireplace in the front room has a space for a built in. The spaces are not identical, but the cabinets must be complementary. That means I cannot build the tank shelf as low as I'd like to which in turn limits my tank height.
These photos show the fireplace and the tank is going on the right side where my other tank now sits. The tv stuff will move to the other side. I will have a sump/refugium and the controllers will be in a cabinet beside that.
My first question is the overflow. I was looking at a tank with a drilled bottom, but I'm nervous about future leakage. Due to limited access, fixing would be a problem. I am now thinking about side drains on either side that would certainly be easier to fix in the event o a failure.
Thoughts?
As for the top, I am going to leave 7-9" of space with a pocket door to hang down and cove the gap. That will leave plenty of room for LEDs to hang above the tank. That will limit me to a 18-20" high tank as I HAVE to keep the bottom 30" above the floor. Non-negotiable apparently ?

So that's the start. Looking for feedback on the drains.
Cheers
Ingy

Attachments

• image-3448629237.jpg
    image-3448629237.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1262608680.jpg
    image-1262608680.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top Bottom