My 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I just moved the metor shower coral lower since it was bleaching. Should I move it closer to the pumps because I don't think the heads are opening up. I see photos of them opening like flowers and mine do not do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok so everything's looking good, and I will finally be adding clowns back into my tank. Here is a bunch of photos of my corals. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1485577672.628177.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1485577685.099925.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1485577695.786869.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1485577707.786366.jpg

Got them in and they look happy. One is a davinchi the other is a fancy occelaris.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1485726484.541289.jpg

So I'm going to get new fish next week. I'm planning on trying another pair of clowns and a bangi cardinal. I also may pick up a cheap coral to replace my meteor shower coral that's not doing well.

Also I have seen a lot of pictures of people having a vortech pumps, do corals like these pumps. Currently I have 2 koralia pumps blowing in opposite directions. Should I invest in a vortech pump.

Ok. So a lot has changed since my last update. Metor shower coral still looks bad, don't think I can help it. My zoas still won't open up, can't tell is they want lots of flow, no flow. Positives are my Acan has grown crazily, went from 6 head to 14 in 3 months. My Duncan is doing fine. And the Florida recordia has shriveled up and is splitting into 2 mushrooms finally. And the frogspawn and hammer coral are doing fine, not fully inflated but fine. I'll have pictures of the tank when I get home from vacation.
I wish I was good with reef tanks as you guys. Don't know how you guys keep everything so stable and clean. I don't know what it is, maybe I still have a lot to learn.

Here is a photo of the tank. I know it's hard to see but it's from my phone and with the new lights it always looks blue-ish. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1490999128.329930.jpg

They died. One died from a injury some how the other jumped out. I have a feeling the cleaner shrimp was the cause by scaring them. Though the clown fish got revenge because apparently I starved the shrimp to death.

Congrats on the success of the acans. I've never had success with zoas, so you're not alone...

Just got a amazing frag. It's a gold torch coral and it was only 25 dollars. I'll send some photos once it decided to inflate. Right now it's all closed up.

Here's the new piece, trust me is very gold. The front head is looking nice but the back two don't look so happy but they may recover given time.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1491094800.367026.jpg

A gold torch? Looks like a frogspawn to me...either way it's great looking and I'd kill for a gold version of either.

It's a torch. Torches have short tentacles for awhile once introduced into a new environment, but will extend further over time. You can also tell because its tentacles are not lumpy like a frogspawn's.

It is a torch but all euphyllia stay short when first introduced. Nice looking piece

It is a torch but all euphyllia stay short when first introduced. Nice looking piece

Thanks.

I'm going to break out my good camera and take some photos of the tank so I don't get the blue haze look from the tank.

So out of the 4 heads only the 2 healthiest ones survived, the other 2 ripped them selfs off the skeleton. The main head is looking fine, and the other head is doing ok. What's the best flow? Should it be enough to move the tentacles around?

Today I'm finally getting a new pair of clowns. I have waited a month after the last new set died to make sure the tank is all stable. I can't wait to get them.

Back
Top Bottom