My 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought my melanurus was chill until I added a leopard wrasse who was chased to oblivion by the melanurus. I had to remove the leopard or he would have been killed.
That plan sounds like a good one

So I basically can't add anymore fish is what you guys are saying.

My thoughts were to get a fish that county stand it's ground if harassed, and fight back. That's why I thought of a dotty-back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No you can lol. All I'm saying is have a plan in case the new guy gets harassed.

So I have done some research. My wrasse territory is the rocks. So what ever fish I get needs to be one that prefers the open water then floating around the rocks.
Any suggestions on a fish like that?
I still wish I could get a coral beauty.

Would those be fine with a six line already in the tank?
I basically doomed my tank because I got the 2 wrasses then my clown died. So I don't know what to do.

I have a friend who has a bigger tank and wants a coral beauty so I want to raise a small one for a year or 2 in my tank.

Ehh so I came to an idea, I won't add any more fish but I will at lots of rock and coral. I'm thinking of a live coral tank rather then fish with some coral.
Also I will be getting the current USA lights.

After the holidays in going to pick up a red star fish. Not the serpent one because they creep me out. And other suggestions for inverts.

A little update, coris wrasse has gone into hiding, I have not seen him for 2 days. I did a treatment for cyano, now my skimmer keeps foaming over. And because of the skimmer being off all my corals are shriveled up looking like their dying. So yah my tank is in a bad spot.

That's why products like red slime remover aren't a solution to the issue. As the issue is nutrients in the water column, the products have you turn off skimming or the skimmer then goes off the deep end. Tie that in with it taking oxygen from the water column, which a skimmer can assist with CO2 exchange and if there isn't proper flow it can be an issue.

I got it fixed and the coral is coming back. My Coris wrasse is still no where to be seen, it's day 4 and he did not jump out.

They should be on the bottom I'll go lift a few of them up now

Found him, he was stuck. He got out, got scared by my 6 line and my hand and dive into the sand by the tank wall.

So I got him out of the sand, he started swimming around then the six line chased him in to the sand any suggestions?

I will be returning the six line tommorows, his aggression is not welcome in my calm reef.

So I'm finding it's hard to find fish that fit in my 29 gallon reef tank. After getting rid of the six line I'm left with my yellow coris wrasse. It is hard to find fish that will fit my tank and not try to terrorize other fish.
I should mention I will be taking my tank down in a year and a half because I'll be going to college then.

Picked up some new coral. First one is a candy cane, I don't know what the second is.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1482974395.659686.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1482974410.533929.jpg
On a side note I lost my yellow wrasse, so I have no fish now and I think I lost my fire shrimp because I have not seen him in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom