My 29 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what kind of light strip or new system would I need?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

See that's where I'm debating the light I have works well, but I don't get the colors from the corals I would like.

Would you have any better options, I need a light that is strong enough yet can do what the current USA light does.

150 at the most and in needs to be at least 30 inches long so it can rest on my tank top.

Looking good but your lighting of only 20w will not be enough for LPS long term they require more light and you will struggle with colouration. 10000k is very white aim for more the 16000k range will give more pop to the corals hence why you say they look nothing like they did in the shop.

With a budget of £150 have a look out for a secondhand maxspect Razor unit you will be able to grow anything under that a 160w 420R or the newer 180w models.

Uh just checked prices look intresting but I meant $150 as in US dollars, the cheapest light I saw was $300.

So good news and bad news. Good news is I got zooplankton to feed my corals I haven a squirt, and the corals closed up to digest. Bad news is I lost my female clown fish I have had for over 4 years.

Sorry to hear of your loss

I don't bother feeding anything like that I find good old fish poo is enough :)

Thanks, and I only got the food because I read that what my corals eat. Plus the shrimp don't like it.

Anyways I'll probably be looking for a replacement fish. Maybe a new young pair of clowns.

What new fish should I get now.

Remember I have a 29 gallon tank with corals.
What I have are:
1 yellow coris wrasse
1 6 line wrasse
1 cleaner shrimp
1 fire shrimp

Trying to keep the tank peaceful so no ideas of fish that might kill something or get killed by harassment.

Well I was thing new species, I mean I had a pair of clowns for more then 4 years until recently. I love my wrasses so I would love a fish or pair that would play nice with them.

Also I still need to build a tank top.

Ooo, I know what fish I will get. Splendid dotty back, he looks perfect and pretty.

Oh well you got any better ideas then. I would like color, and Friendly. I had clowns for 4 years so something new.

How about a basslet of some kind.

A royal gramma would be fine. Or a black cap. Um banggai cardinals, um it's hard because those wrasses could definitely be jerks to newcomers. Firefish if you have a lid

My wrasses are pretty chill, I'll probably do one of the 2 basslets and the cardinal you suggested.

Back
Top Bottom