My 55g Satlwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingparsy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
here is my 55 gallon saltwater tank, about 2 months into it, i already think its gonna be 2 small. It houses about 25 lbs of fiji right now, 2 scarlet lag hemits, 5 turbos, 4 bumblebees,2 clowns, 1 banded coral shrimp,2 emerald crabs, 1 banjii cardinal, and 1 long tentical anemone. I had 2 upside down jellyfish in there, but my crabs and shrimp had them for dinner. Im having a problem with red algae goin nuts right now, im changing about 25% water every month(and i know there are 1 million diff opinions on how much water i should be changing) with RO water, and i still have the problem,i have a whisper 60 filter with on of those nitrate bags in it and it still does not do the job, any help would be appreciated!
6049100_0336-med.JPG

your tank is still young i would wait for it to mature a couple mounths then add a good clean up crew also your filtration is probly not good for the tank i would get a protein skimmer and run the fillter on the side keep at it also post this in the sw general at top of fourm page

sorry, the upside downs got eaten , i got one good pic of one, but must have erased it, if you have aol, you can look up my profile, twiztidxxninja, and there is a pic of him on there, they are cool, dont do much but sit on the bottom....i have added more of a cleanup crew, i have 4 turbos, 10 pyramid snails, 4 blue legs, 1 scarlet leg, 1 brittle star, 2 emerald crabs, 1 coral banded shrimp, and the 4 bumblebee snails, and im up to 45 lbd of LR now, added a seaclone skimmer, and a powerhead, so its comeing along nicely, i have another pic of the updated stuff on here too.

Back
Top Bottom