My new setup.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baldyguy

Aquarium Advice Activist
New to this site but want to join the fun and show some of my setup... hope you all enjoy. Currently have 60kg of LR with a further 70kg to add. Pictures were taken when LR and water all added but now need to complete cabinet. display is 8x2x2, sump is 6x2x2 whole system runs 1500ltrs......well I was advised to go as big as I can as it's easier and fortunate for me the wife enjoys it also (well goofing at it in the evening).

Stock now has....

3 Yellow Tangs
1 Regal
5 Chromis
1 Niger Trigger
1 Percula
2 Black & Whites (percula)
1 Firefish
1 Bi-color Angel
3 Gobys (1 Blue cheek, 2 ghost)
1 BTA
2 Wreck fish
3 Tube worm thingamie jiggies!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01557.jpg
    DSC01557.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 609
  • DSC01558.jpg
    DSC01558.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 610
  • DSC01498.jpg
    DSC01498.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC01497.jpg
    DSC01497.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 600
Latest pics of Tank

Thought I would add a pic of the fish.........I still have a little rock to add and other bits to sort before adding corals hope you like..........

Attachments

• DSC01593.jpg
    DSC01593.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01594.jpg
    DSC01594.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC01597.jpg
    DSC01597.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 75
Yes......... when I set up the system I was advised to place the MH about 12" above the water level. Doesn't seem to affect anything in the system, my room is quite warm anyway and any lower will heat the tank to fast/high I feel.....at the moment I get 1.5-2 degree difference between 8am & 8pm. My BTA as settled half way up the tank and doing well....... only feeding it live/frozen every 4/5 weeks.

Looks great. I was wondering the same about the lights. 12" above the water is correct, but that looks like more.

I take it you probably have over 1,000watts of light maybe that's why he has it so high..???

Many thanks for all the replies............. just added my last 2 fish for now which were a powder blue tang and a copperband...............only thing is the the largest yellow tang is ruffing up the blue...... hopefully it's a status thing and nothing else!

Everything is now calmed down all status been restored thankfully............. I have the PO4 issue to resolve finally with a reactor as currently using bags for water to flow over and would be less costly I feel.............once that is down I shall start with corals, any ideas folks on a good hardy starter? Was thinking of a leather and some green star polyps as it likes to grow/spread........when they are in and well i shall post more pics......again many thanks for all the comments/assistance.

mushrooms and zoas are both hardy and will spread quite quickly once they get going. I like those over leathers and green star polyps just because you have a lot more choices as far as color goes. That's just me though. I really like the bright colors. Never had green star polyps but i think if you get a good frag with some nice colors they can get real bright. JMO

More pics of setup!

Finally placed the final pieces of rock in ready to start with some corals......... taking the total weight of rock to 100kg, good job I have a very understanding wife! Hope you enjoy as much as I do goofin' all day at the activity.

Attachments

• DSC01630.jpg
    DSC01630.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01632.jpg
    DSC01632.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC01633.jpg
    DSC01633.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 77
I love how clean the whole setup looks.
and the corals are going to be awsome in there, cant wait to see it in the future.

Some new additions....

added a couple more pics..... BTA split into 4 and doing fine a a couple of trial additions...... a 'lettuce leather' and some 'furry shrooms'. Future additions will be an 'Elegance' some 'Pulsing Xenia' may some button polyps we shall see I will post more in due course.............hope you all enjoy feedback welcomed.

Attachments

• DSC01656.jpg
    DSC01656.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC01659.jpg
    DSC01659.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC01665.jpg
    DSC01665.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC01663.jpg
    DSC01663.jpg