My new setup.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mature tank not alot of flow and any tank mates that are not to boisterous or fast moving.........as this will frighten him and will hide.

I think Im just going to have them in there with a seastar and maybe a couple of snails. I may consider a blenny or something but nothing crazy. Im just going to have a pair of seahorses. Do you think I should put any LR or coral?

The Seahorse tank is the wifes officially but I have never seen her get her hands wet or scrtch her head when things aren't happening but oh well!!!!! Yes LR would be fine as this is what they grip onto when looking for food......the only coral I have in mine is Bamboo Coral, a form of algae red in color very nice he likes to sit amongst this during the day and the rock at night............. like i said anything small and not to mad around the tank it will be fine just make sure the fish won't compete too much for food the and the little fellas starve.........moving onto feeding.......when you buy them make sure your LFS has had them in for a while so you can see they are healthy and ask about feeding .........if they are tank bred they should accept frozen if not you will have to feed live and slowly ween onto frozen by increasing the mix of live/frozen..good luck and enjoy.

The Seahorse tank is the wifes officially but I have never seen her get her hands wet or scrtch her head when things aren't happening but oh well!!!!! Yes LR would be fine as this is what they grip onto when looking for food......the only coral I have in mine is Bamboo Coral, a form of algae red in color very nice he likes to sit amongst this during the day and the rock at night............. like i said anything small and not to mad around the tank it will be fine just make sure the fish won't compete too much for food the and the little fellas starve.........moving onto feeding.......when you buy them make sure your LFS has had them in for a while so you can see they are healthy and ask about feeding .........if they are tank bred they should accept frozen if not you will have to feed live and slowly ween onto frozen by increasing the mix of live/frozen..good luck and enjoy.

Thanks so much for the info. I will definitely keep it all in mind.

Many thanks ..........quite a way to go for it all to settle and start to grow/spread but now starting to enjoy watching the reef rather than pouring money into it!!!!

Beautiful. Looks much bigger than 8' long in the pictures.

most definately is 8ft long..........if I had the room I would go bigger but I think the wife would go nuts........I had to get rid of half our furniture in the lounge/dinning room to accomodate this......cost me alot of flowers and dinners out put it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just helped my mate sort his 6ft system........'we' organised a BBQ round mine, obviously his wife had a good look at the tank and loved it........seed sewn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha I can't blame anyone for wanting one of these. The only problem is money and space and lifstyle and whether your gonna move. Woah that's a few more problems than I thought. lol

One question; How did you stack up the rock? Is it leaning on the back of the wall and resting on the rock below it? Is it a gentle slope up or steep?

Am not moving, lifestyle normally do all major maintenance over weekend, money NOBODY ever has enough of the stuff........ as for the rock it is stacked to give a good sheer ledge with some of the lower stuff built out, it is all been designed to allow me to place corals on ledges holes gaps and larger flat areas of rock to maximise spreading/growth..........some parts are interlocked but mostly held by reef putty.......some also is held to the back of display by reef putty to prevent anything coming down and causing damage.

Back
Top Bottom