Newbie, 125gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kodanky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Started some 2 months ago.

Attachments

• image-3959599706.jpg
    image-3959599706.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 122
  • image-1091958102.jpg
    image-1091958102.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 117
  • image-3705683040.jpg
    image-3705683040.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 115
  • image-70618360.jpg
    image-70618360.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 124
  • image-4203517921.jpg
    image-4203517921.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 109
how is the bare bottom treating your water conditions?

i personally don't think i could ever go BB it just looks so plain and the gottom gets all gross and gunky

also are you using RO water? you have alot of green hair algae so i'm guessign you have a high concentration of PO4

I don't want sand. R/o water is used. Buddy tested water 3 weeks ago.And was perfect. I had no power for 7days due to weather. Alot of the algae died off and I scooped what I could. He tells me huge water change is over due, but will be done soon.

Attachments

• image-2582904224.jpg
    image-2582904224.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 109
Also I started with a hydrofarm light, 6700 kelvins and the Xenia grew. I now got 2 aqualight t5's. Looks alot better.

the algaes will consume any organics in the water so you won't notice any polutants

do you plan on fish only or a reef?

Reef, I wouldn't mind a couple more fish but that's not what I'm goin for

No ****, I'm not a gangstar. Since I got only a 3 foot light it not really necessary. Until then.

Gti_Leo said:
how is the bare bottom treating your water conditions?

i personally don't think i could ever go BB it just looks so plain and the gottom gets all gross and gunky

also are you using RO water? you have alot of green hair algae so i'm guessign you have a high concentration of PO4

The bottom should never get dirty because your supposed to have power heads pointed behind rocks and at the bottom to prevent this thing from happening lol

The hair came from this guy. The rock. The other side of tank Everything pretty much blows to that side. Should be easy to clean when I do water change. Also I had the hydrofarm light in the middle in beginning. Why there's so much growth in the dark.

Attachments

• image-482347961.jpg
    image-482347961.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-680669816.jpg
    image-680669816.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 86
Gti_Leo said:
you have alot of green hair algae so i'm guessign you have a high concentration of PO4

That the problem? How I transfer my water. residew from the bucket? It a phosphate right?

Attachments

• image-722579915.jpg
    image-722579915.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 92
Kodanky said:
That the problem? How I transfer my water. residew from the bucket? It a phosphate right?

There could be A LOT of residue from the previous chemicals in it. Go to home depot and get some buckets that are like $2.50 each.

slitherbomb said:
There could be A LOT of residue from the previous chemicals in it. Go to home depot and get some buckets that are like $2.50 each.

I cleaned with very little amount of bleach and regular soap rinsed and scrubed many times and sat in sun to dry. I have tons of these buckets and a few ones that held pickles. Is there no way to get the residue out or did I just do a poor job?

slitherbomb said:
Honestly I cannot tell.

I have at least 20 of these I see no need to buy buckets. No I'm not Jewish. But there has to be a way. Also there are no scratches in the buckets.

You could add pure RO/DI water in the buckets for a day then test them with liquid test kits for phosphates and anything else to see if they may be leaking. The way you said you cleaned them would probably have taken everything out of the buckets.

slitherbomb said:
You could add pure RO/DI water in the buckets for a day then test them with liquid test kits for phosphates and anything else to see if they may be leaking. The way you said you cleaned them would probably have taken everything out of the buckets.

Maybe it was the light. Hydrofarm florescent 200watt 6700kelvins. It was just at test grew xenia and halimita.

Back
Top Bottom