Paul's 38 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New Tank!

Was in Petco today getting a cone for my dog and noticed that is was the last day of the $1 per gallon sale. They had 1 40b left and I suggested to my wife it was a great deal and she said get it so I did just that! LOL. I KNOW its only 2 gallons more than my current tank, but the dimensions and much better, it has no cross brace, and no scratches! I was wanting a 60-75, but I would have to update equipment (skimmer, etc..) and I can totally be happy (for a while) with the 40. The width is what sold me on it, and the price of course. :) Not sure she it is going to take place but i will be switching everything over once I get a stand built, and drilled/plumbed, and all that good stuff. There are going to be some changes in this transformation as well. Probably get rid of the galaxea and maybe some others and more more towards sone acros. I'll keep progress posted, but it could take a while.

59QFh4O.jpg

Far away as possible! My torch was literally reaching for it, at least 6 inches like sniper said. The blows were devastating, couldn't believe it recovered like it did. To be safe I would give it at least 8" in between the two when they are both fully expanded.

Thanks Paul. I did move it yesterday so I will see if the Duncan is open on Monday when I return to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love 40b as sumps and tanks! Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Was in Petco today getting a cone for my dog and noticed that is was the last day of the $1 per gallon sale. They had 1 40b left and I suggested to my wife it was a great deal and she said get it so I did just that! LOL. I KNOW its only 2 gallons more than my current tank, but the dimensions and much better, it has no cross brace, and no scratches! I was wanting a 60-75, but I would have to update equipment (skimmer, etc..) and I can totally be happy (for a while) with the 40. The width is what sold me on it, and the price of course. :) Not sure she it is going to take place but i will be switching everything over once I get a stand built, and drilled/plumbed, and all that good stuff. There are going to be some changes in this transformation as well. Probably get rid of the galaxea and maybe some others and more more towards sone acros. I'll keep progress posted, but it could take a while.

59QFh4O.jpg

That was nice of your wife. I like the dementions of the 40B to. Its wide and deep which makes it good for a nice size reef.

I'm excited about this guys and gals! About to go scavengers though my lumber pile to see if I can get started on a stand. :)

think I used 7 2x4x8 studs if I remember right(y)

Sounds about right. I went little over kill on my 38, that thing is built like a tank. Gonna simplify on the frame a hair, but probably be very similar. Maybe ill get started on it tomorrow. Gonna start a new build thread for this 40 (freakin pumped! Lol) starting with the stand build.

All is well in the 38. Corals are growing and fish are happy. Here is a patch of zoas that have been growing very well here recently. Also the RBTA seems to be looking a hair larger. :)

Fv54bBM.jpg

udkkOWF.jpg

All is well in the 38. Corals are growing and fish are happy. Here is a patch of zoas that have been growing very well here recently. Also the RBTA seems to be looking a hair larger. :)

Fv54bBM.jpg

udkkOWF.jpg

Very nice Paul. I love the colors. What is the name of that one?

Here's a quick cell FTS of the tank tonight. Looks weird with the galaxea gone. Also a chunk of those green bay packer zoas that are missing.

HGbjOxh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom