Paul's 38 gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul what is that green coral underneath the zoas? I like the way it grows, and it has some crazy long sweepers!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is a galaxea coral. You ought to see it when all the sweepers are out, that thing is insane. Nasty sting to all other corals though. Wouldn't recommend it in a smaller tank with alot of other coral. It does however add alot of movement to the tank. I love it, but its starting to get pretty big!

Here is a short little video of my galaxea coral. Photo just doesn't do justice of the movement of this coral. :)

A nice shot of my frogspawn under the actinics.
irqnlTi.jpg

Zoanthids are growing very well! Especially these the Reverse Gorilla Nipples, and the Green Bay Packers are taking over (and they need to stop!). The GBP have almost completely taken over my Fire & Ice zoas, I'm not happy with that. Still have some left but nothing like it was. I did get a little frag of them the other day to start elsewhere. Here are some pics of these 2 explosive growth zoas, and the Fire & Ice frag.

J5HHdLt.jpg

KxSoVOP.jpg

xVIh2cF.jpg

Took a few photos today. My Duncan has been doing great since I moved it away from the torch that stung it pretty good. Also noticing a little growth on my very few SPS's. And this lobo is never going to split I don't think. It just keeps getting bigger! LOL. Also noticed last night that my pop population is rampant! Was checking the DT and sump out with a red light flashlight and those suckers where EVERYWHERE. I guess its a good thing, but I though I would have a lot fewer with 2 dragonets, a wrasse, and a dottyback in a 38 gallon! Oh, and bristleworms are doing phenomenal too! (y)

WB7mmY6.jpg

VPt4swr.jpg

Px9bJD7.jpg

vjx9HzW.jpg

SPS growth will sneak up on you. I have an orange monti just like yours and never noticed its growth...until one day it was growing into the back glass...until you see another level starting...until you break a frag off and you get the idea.
How much growth have you seen out of the symphodium?

SPS growth will sneak up on you. I have an orange monti just like yours and never noticed its growth...until one day it was growing into the back glass...until you see another level starting...until you break a frag off and you get the idea.
How much growth have you seen out of the symphodium?

Man, the sympodium is slowww. It does seem to been getting some growth since I moved it to its current location which is very strong light and pretty good flow as well. It's probably about the 3" in diameter now just guessing. When I got it it was about the size of a penny.

Well that isn't bad. For a polyp you can't really complain when it doesn't overrun your tank.

I know, that's one thing I do like about it. It's kinda like a clove polyp, but grows nothing like it. Very cool coral indeed. Now these Green Bay Packer zoas on the other hand...:nono:

Took a few photos today. My Duncan has been doing great since I moved it away from the torch that stung it pretty good. Also noticing a little growth on my very few SPS's. And this lobo is never going to split I don't think. It just keeps getting bigger! LOL. Also noticed last night that my pop population is rampant! Was checking the DT and sump out with a red light flashlight and those suckers where EVERYWHERE. I guess its a good thing, but I though I would have a lot fewer with 2 dragonets, a wrasse, and a dottyback in a 38 gallon! Oh, and bristleworms are doing phenomenal too! (y)

WB7mmY6.jpg

VPt4swr.jpg

Px9bJD7.jpg

vjx9HzW.jpg

I think my Duncan is being stung by my torch as well. How far away should I place my Duncan from the torch?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tank has come
So far I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I want to say a torch can have a 6 inch long sweeper tentacle.

Ok thanks Sniperhank. I moved the Duncan today. I am hoping it will open back up. I started out with one head and now I have seven heads on it. I also have read that they will close up when they are growing a new head.

I think my Duncan is being stung by my torch as well. How far away should I place my Duncan from the torch?

Far away as possible! My torch was literally reaching for it, at least 6 inches like sniper said. The blows were devastating, couldn't believe it recovered like it did. To be safe I would give it at least 8" in between the two when they are both fully expanded.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom