Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone . Finally get to have a build thread on this great website. So I got the tank for $175 off craigslist it had some holes that I patched with lexan sheets. I have a CPR 1200gph overflow. A reef octopus 2500 diablo skimmer. A 9.5 magdrive return pump. The filtration is a DIY 55 gallon sump/fuge. Only thing left to get is saltwater ,sand, powerheads,and rock and the sump tank. The stock will be my porcupine puffer and a dwarf lion that i just got this week, 2 tangs which I'm still undecided about which ones and one other fish that i still need to pick. Can anyone help me with picking my powerheads and maybe ideas for the last fish? Pics will be coming soon as I get it looking presentable. Thanks

i like the koralias. try starting off with a pair of 1400,s then add as you see the need. being fowlr you dont need the flow of a reef. just keep the dead spots out.

ive been following a few of your threads... am i wrong in thinking you already had the 55? if you do whats the sump tank you mentioned?

stocking is a mystery to me, im still fumbling my way through with my tanks.

glad you've got this build thread going and im definitely following along.

Yea I was debating whether or not to use it . But I'll be installing my own cross brace to repair it. Hope to have my sump done by the end of today. It seems like koriala is the way to go with the powerheads

and this is the 55? i think you where right by saying that once you get the baffles in you wont even need the cross brace.

Yea the 55. I have all my baffles cut . The dt is about to go on the stand now. Then finish cleaning the 55 and get to glueing.

Unfortunately the sump tank started leaking while cleaning it. Good thing I didn't glue anything yet. So the pics will have to wait until i get a new tank.

All the acrylic baffles are already cut. So I would have to stick with something 12 inches deep.

This was all I accomplished this weekend. Just got my egg crate in there . I really wished the sump tank would have worked out but I'm glad it leaked now.hopefully next weekend will be better.

Small update. Still no luck finding a new sump tank from craigslist.Added the black background today.

No paint . Just the backgrounds you buy at petsmart. Held it under the top frame tight. Taped the four corners then I made like relief cuts in the excess . Then I cut that straight up and taped the sides and then took the corners loose and trimmed and re taped them.I have tried to put background on my other tanks and wound up throwing it out because i screwed it up.

Just got to vent really quick. People on craigslist are out of their bird. $100 for a used 55 gallon ? Really !! I mean really!! Ok I feel better.

They really do. I told the guy they have them new at a place locally called animal jungle for$88. Offered 50 which isn't a bad offer. He said he would get back to me. Craziness

Back
Top Bottom