Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea I couldn't look at it anymore it had to be done lol . Thanks for asking twitch . The pics will probably be up tomorrow night .

coffeetwitch said:
i look forward to see how you like that skimmer.

Yea me too. It looks rather beastly. I just need sand and rocks and sw and my plumbing . Almost there

Bad news. I can't remove the skimmer collection cup from underneath the tank. Not sure what I'm going to do now.

I tried that . The gate valve would be almost under water. It also didn't make a difference since the issue is clearing the top of the sump tank to get the cup out. I think I'm going to get some more cinderblocks. Less than $10 fix and i should be good to go. Also got my deposit back from my apt. So I will be getting my rock and sand this weekend.

Yes raise the dt 4 inches should be more than enough room. It's going to make stand really tall but that's ok. Yea it's empty .

i like tall stands. puts the dt at a better height for me anyway to work on and in more of a direct line of site.

i made my stand for the 40 breeder 36" tall. then another few inches for the adj. feet. its nice.

So since I'll have to take a trip to Lowe's for the stand I'll just get my plumbing while i am there. So what is the best way to go? I was thinking of flexible pool hose for the overflow to the sump and hard pipe to the dt with a ball valve. I have some questions . If you restrict the flow from the pump doesn't that affect the life of the pump?if that's true then would all hard pipes with a valve only on one of the overflow outlets work just the same?

valve one the overflow to restrict pump flow will not work. pump will pump full speed and overflow will not keep up because of the restriction

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom