Rene's new 55 gal aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timebandit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This my new 55 gal aquarium. Traded my old biocube for it. Right now I'm kinda poor so I only have what I had in my biocube in it. Definitely need about 30 pounds or so of more live rock. And another couple bags of live sand. Just simple t5 lighting with a couple of led stunner strips. Go my lil circulation pump on one side and my old biocube return pump on the other side. All I have right now as far as stock is 3 or so zoa frags and a frogspawn. A banghai, two clowns, a firefish and a cleaner shrimp. Need to get a aquaclear filter to do the hob intank filter mod and I think I will be set up I think. Let me know what u guys think or suggestions on some livestock or equipment. Well thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image-1109111120.jpg
    image-1109111120.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 204
  • image-4260616265.jpg
    image-4260616265.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 195
  • image-396143447.jpg
    image-396143447.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 216
It's a 4 bulb fixture. Yeah I definitely need more rock and sand. My buddy who traded the tank to me was in a hurry cause he bought some Picasso clowns and didn't have anywhere to put them. He has like 5 tanks set up but non of the fish were really compatible with them hence the rush and didn't really give me the time to buy what I need. I am going to get a aquaclear filter but I really want a sump but don't have the funds yet. Anyone know of a good reliable overflow box for when I am ready?

The tank looks great! You're off to a great start! Its a work in progress, so there's plenty of time to add more rock, sand and a sump. No need to rush.

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm kinda of perfectionist so its driving me crazy looking at the tank right now. Just want it to be what I envision it already but gotta wait for some money. This hobby addiction cost more than most illegal addictions ;) Lol

I totally get that! We're living paycheck to paycheck, but I couldn't pass up on the deal I got for my aquarium. I have such a cool idea what I'm looking for, but so far, I don't even have substrate! Looks like better times on the horizon though! Hopefully for you too. :)

I totally get that! We're living paycheck to paycheck, but I couldn't pass up on the deal I got for my aquarium. I have such a cool idea what I'm looking for, but so far, I don't even have substrate! Looks like better times on the horizon though! Hopefully for you too. :)

I hear ya same here. It was so crazy and hectic last week but I couldn't pass it up. I've never have had a tank this big at home so I'm getting use to it. My boss set up a 200 gallon tank at work a yr ago that I pretty much have to take care of but that's freshwater so its a whole lot easier.

Took some more photos last night with all the lights off except my two stunners. I haven't had the the chance to add anything. Well not counting the background. Amazing how it gives such a cleaner look.

Attachments

• image-3383915357.jpg
    image-3383915357.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 168
  • image-3463067005.jpg
    image-3463067005.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 155
  • image-1826562114.jpg
    image-1826562114.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image-2994032426.jpg
    image-2994032426.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 177
I cant wait to have a set up like that I got a 9gal nano reef that I'm just starting out with I got a 20 gal freshwater tank that I wanted to convert but I love my fish to much to get rid of them

I cant wait to have a set up like that I got a 9gal nano reef that I'm just starting out with I got a 20 gal freshwater tank that I wanted to convert but I love my fish to much to get rid of them

That's the way it starts. I started with a 40 gallon freshwater tank. Then the got the biocube cause I didn't want to go too big just in case I couldn't handle it. Now the 55 which I am saying this is it don't want to go any bigger. But I'm sure in another yr I'm gonna be saying well maybe a 90. Lol it is just so much fun setting up a new tank and tweaking it. And Craigslist is the best thing that ever happened to this hobby. Look everyday and I'm sure u will find something. There's always someone out there looking to downsize or upgrade that's willing to trade.

Made a canopy and let my girls paint it. Gotta admit it didn't come out half bad. Also got some chromis, a green clown coby and a emerald crab Next week I will get more sand and maybe some liverock.

Attachments

• image-3136255258.jpg
    image-3136255258.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 144
Like the canopy. Gives the tank a good finish. It doesn't look home made so good job!

Your tanks looks really great!The canopy is a great addition!

Thanks appreciate it! It is definitely a work in progress. Hopefully in the next week or 2 I can add some rock and sand. Had just become content with my biocube when I got asked to trade straight up biocube for everything u see in the pic. I'm happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom