Used some pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nyghtone

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to let everyone know that I used some pictures from the gallery here, cause some of you have awesome pictures. I used them for a school project on a website that is simply for a grade, after that it will be deleted. The address is www.student.msubillings.edu/jaustill if anyone would like to check it out. Also if I used your pictures and you want credit I'll be glad to add it in!!! Or worse yet, if you don't want me using them, I will even delete them, but I wanted it to be known that I did so. Thanks.

I thought I would check out the site to see what all you did for your class and was quite surprised to see my tank doning the front page. I know there are several pictures on this website that are much much better than mine but thank you for choosing it. And you can use it as you please. Hopefully over the course of the next year that picture will evolve into it own little ecosystem. Good luck on your class.

Sounds like a fun class. I will say that I am pretty sure there are a few people who wouldn't want you borrowing their pictures. I think it would be curteous of you to ask some of the people individually before using their photos. There are a few people that copyright their photos and would not want them being used, unless they specifically said it was ok. There are quite a few people who wouldn't care at all but I still suggest talking to people before using them. And I know you already asked if people wanted credit but I also think it would be curtious to do that regardless. just a simple "photo taken by:______" The only aquarium related photos I have are pictures of a rams horn snail that are not anything spectacular but I'd have no problem with someone borrowing them... now if someone "borrowed" a picture of one of my daughters and I didn't know about it I'd be pretty upset... Just my thoughts on the matter...
Feel free to tell your teacher I give the site an A. (y)

Thanks for your inputs, I totally agree on the type of pictures bit, if someone took a picture of my Fiance I'd probably not be so happy about it. I actually would have asked permission but I spaced this project out until the last minute like the smart guy I am, so I just picked a few that I thought were probably just for fun pics! In any rate, they will all be deleted tomorrow night at 5pm :(

Nice site, it looks less like a school project than it does a business. What do you do if by somechance someone in your area happens along that site and actually wants a service? A small disclaimer somewhere on the front page might be nice.

Haha, I actually never thought of that, but seeing as how it's hosted on a public universities web site, it would be illegal to run an actual business from it. It is actually suposed to be a web site for a business to show your ability to create such things, here is a link to the actual assignment if anyone is interested in why this looks like a business site.
http://www.msubillings.edu/jleonard/310/project.htm

This site is totally blocked from search engines as well, so it would be hard to chance by it. But thanks for the thought, that would be a hard one to explain, haha

Back
Top Bottom