Again Angels breeding in my 110 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aces1980

Aquarium Advice Activist
I keep about 3 breeding pairs in my 110 yes I know some say no good some say joy. Their in with all types of tetra and catfish and more. I know people say that others in tank will eat them but not true with this pair well most don't make it but few do. To swinging stage. I have several breeding tanks already going with fry about 5 so I always rotate the pairs back to community tank to kinda give them a break in the process but once in awhile this pair does lay and guard them in the community tank and actually get them to swimming stage. Even though theirs many species in the tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554633.610056.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554663.046563.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554749.335374.jpg

Marble is female and yellow head marble is male their actually 3 generations I still actually have their original 2 sets of parents I'll show some other pairs in same tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554884.088072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554920.354447.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412554920.354447.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 72
Here's a few pictures of tank and tank matesImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412555101.256222.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412555120.962346.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412555142.462991.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412555158.320338.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412555207.368412.jpg

One of the things you have going for you is the fact that the tank is as large as it is. You may not be having the kind of successes you are having if this were being done in say, a 55 gal or any other smaller tank. But the real question is: how many of the Angel fry that are hatched in this tank make it to adulthood while staying in the tank? Considering that most Angel spawns are a few hundred eggs minimum, I didn't see too many smaller Angels in your pics. Just curious. :confused: It's not very difficult to get Angels to spawn in community tanks, it's raising the fry in them where the trouble is. This is why it's not a recommended situation for those looking to raise Angelfish fry in a community tank setting.

btw, NICE TANK!!!!! I like your selection of fish in there. :) (y)

Well I did a big trim from the plants. I never said I purposely breed in this tank as I said I have other pair in breeding tanks that I frequently rotate in and out of my community tank. I never said I had a big amount raise to adults in that tank friend. Between all fry I raise from breeding pairs in my other tanks I don't go crazy on the fry in this tank but I've had them make it to free swimming stage at about a week old and scoop them out and use a basted since they use to usually hang out in top floating plant before I trimmed it way back. I was just showing it could be done that all. Especially with other species and other sizes Angels in tank that's all. I never did say which maybe I should that their wasn't a high success rate of fry to adulthood without me stepping in and doing a transfer. Pretty much showing you can have several breeding pairs together actually getting alone breeding with other species and sizes

I've even had 2 females and 1 male all spawn togetherImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412563117.193621.jpg

Understood (y) I was just pointing out that while this is a feat you have accomplished, it is not an easy thing to do especially in a smaller sized tank, which many posts have been about.
As for trios, I recently had one myself with fish in a 20 gal tank. But there were only 4 fish in this tank and the one "outcast" turned out to be a third female. (Wouldn't that have been amazing, having 3 females spawn with the one male ? ) But the end result was the trio only spawned once all together and subsequently the male picked just one of the females to continue spawning with and they kicked the second female out of the "group". But, back in 1974, I had a trio of Silver Veiltail Angels who had regular spawns together so I brought them with me to FL when I moved here that year. Trios are a rarity so it's really special when they continue to spawn as a trio.

(y)

Yup I know I moved my trip to a 46 gallon breeder by themselves

Back
Top Bottom