Albino kribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willyboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
3 days ago I bought some albino kribs from my LFS and today they laid eggs :D . I have had some normal color kribs before and wished I had some albinos. I bought a mated pair and they settled in really fast. I want to know if anyone here has every breed two albinos, were all the offspring albino. The eggs are very visable. Pics may come soon!

Congrats willyboy. The offspring will all be albinos.

They moved the babies when they hatched and I thought they all died but today the female brought them out of the cave for the first time. Since this is their first spawn they only have 5 or 6 babies. I have three tanks in my room (it gets pretty loud) and each of them have juve/fry. My twenty gallon has 20 to thirty 1/4 in juveniles, my krib ten has 5 or 6 fry, and my other ten has 3 Lamprologus multis w/ atleast 10 fry, 2 Telamtochromis brichardis, and one adult male Neolamprologus brichardi.

The fry disapeared a couple days later :cry: . Today I looked in the tank and they were spawing in a little cave made out of two pieces of tile :D ! I went to get the camera and took about a dozen good pictures, and about ten minutes of video (They took forever).

Attachments

• resized_126.jpg
    resized_126.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 34
  • resized2_169.jpg
    resized2_169.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 31
  • resized3_176.jpg
    resized3_176.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 33
First of all congrats! I've never seen albino Kribs before. They look really cool, somewhat like ghosts when you picture the regular ones first lol.

Back
Top Bottom