Angelfish Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They laid eggs a few nights ago. They just started wiggling this morning! I'm pretty excited. Hopefully they make it! My angelfish have been incredibly weird since I took their eggs! They will not come up to me like usual and only to eat then go back to the spot where they originally laid the eggs. I would swear they are mad at me...anyone ever experience anything like that? My husband thinks I'm crazy lol

They are mad ! They wish they ate them to begin with ! :nono: Mine had no fear attacking me or the cleaning tube...:ermm: They will bite you ! :facepalm:
They will get over it and spawn sooner without the fry.:whistle:
Angels are a little slower then my rams when wigglers so it may be 2-3 days before they free swim. Be ready to feed them after they swim 1 day ,maybe even the evening if they are all swarming one morning when you look..
I hope you get see the swarm...:popcorn:

They hatch and become wigglers on day three. They go free swimming on day 8 or 9 depending on the temperature. 80 - 82 might be day 8, 78 - 80 might be day 9, lower temp. might even mean day 10.

I can't wait to see them all swimming around! I've been watching them all day. It's so interesting seeing them wiggle about. A few are wiggling so much they look like the Tasmanian devil ??

I also managed to save 6 black molly fry before my angels ate all of them lol they had a good time hunting down the babies though. If I ever get overrun with mollys I can always call on my angels to help thin their numbers ??

Baby angels are still looking good! I can see more defined parts wiggling today. A few are bouncing around like bouncy balls lol! So fun to watch! I am anxiously waiting to see them free swimming! Parents are slowly getting back to normal. They are coming up to me a little more now. Still defending where they laid eggs though. I tried explaining to them if they stopped eating the babies I wouldn't steal them but I don't know if they understood ??

Parents are slowly getting back to normal. I tried explaining to them if they stopped eating the babies I wouldn't steal them but I don't know if they understood ??

That's funny ! I just lie to my fish now and tell them next time !:eek::ROFLMAO:

Lol good idea ? Babies have visible eyes today and a few are trying to swim around but mostly just flittering about in the water. It's so exciting! Parents STILL seem mad at me but will come to eat then swim back away lol apparently they aren't mad enough to boycott food ??

20180129_101828.jpg 20180129_104647.jpg They are hard little buggers to photograph! Especially since they are constantly wiggling!

That's very cool I did not know that! I could sit and watch them all day! So amazing watching them grow! I am most excited to see their colors! ?

Angels grow fast.. Within the first month they will start to if not completely resemble their parents shape..Little dime[ body and fins] sized angels !

There was one little baby swimming today! It wasn't graceful by any means but he was doing alright! Swam up to the surface and then back down. Proud parent moment right there ??

We have more swimming babies! Every time I look there's a few more swimming! I can't wait until they are all free swimming! ??

hi try adding another smaller (but not much smaller) angel to the tank,
it helps to make the bond stronger between your pair of angels
also the male will probably
try to defend his eggs agains this new fish and maybe not nip the female
so much (it has worked for me)
But if you want babies for sure , try pulling out the next batch of eggs and let them have the next one!

Sasikan thank you for the advice! I have a batch of 8 day (I believe 8) old angel fry at the moment! It has been so much fun watching them grow! Almost all of them are free swimming now ? parents started showing spawning behaviour again last night so I'll probably have eggs anytime. I won't be pulling them though. I've got a handful already lol!

20180201_180452.jpg20180201_175700.jpg20180201_095620(0).jpg They are all free swimming now and there's a TON! Sheesh! I tried my best to get some pictures but they are crazy fast little dudes so this is the best I could do for now lol! Now that they are swimming when should I start feeding?

If they started this am you can feed tonight.
Otherwise tomorrow a.m. should be fine..
What are you going to feed them?
You're doing GREAT ! (y):dance:

At the moment I plan to just grind some tetra flakes I have on hand. I can pick up a better food tomorrow evening. What foods do you suggest?

you really need brine shrimps,nothing else comes close.
micro worms and vinegar eels might work but for me the first 5 to 6 weeks its baby brine shrimps

Back
Top Bottom