Are these Cory eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It has been a busy week in the 29G tank... the new visitor, Mark the rainbow shark (a transfer from a small classroom tank) arrived 48 hours ago, and seems to be what people said he would: shy and a little territorial. But no problems there.

Now, when doing a minor water change tonight, I see a bunch of eggs on the glass! All sides of the tank too. I don't know whether to suspect the shark, or the cories, two of whom look like they've been doing the mating dance lately. Also, I've been giving them a new food, algae wafers.

So anyway, here are the egg pics.

3383970446_7e4a7dd581_o.jpg

3383988020_5d986202d4_o.jpg

I scraped a few into a breeding net, just in case they're viable... want to see what happens next.

Those are definitely cory eggs, and they look viable to me.

Congratulations and the best of luck!

Thanks... looks like the ones I saved off to the breeder net are hardening up, so I guess we'll see in a few days whether they are good to go or not. If not, at least I know how the cories do it now.

So far, in 6 months, every paired-up species in this tank have dropped eggs... the cherry barbs eggs were gulped up immediately by the danios though, so I may have to get firm with them and separate them out if I want to see baby barbs. Too bad the rainbow sharks are anti-social....

Update: 5 days in, and now most of the 'kept' eggs in the breeder net have hatched... or disappeared. The ones left on the glass are all gone. I can't get a count yet because most of the fry are hiding under the plastic frame of the breeder cage! But hey, at least they hatched. Fortunately there are plenty of 'cory fry' threads here to figure out my next move.

Back
Top Bottom