Breeding platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought she looked different then the others. That's ok tho lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yea, mollies are fun really entertaining its cool to get a vatiaty of colors, there are silver, black, Dalmatian, creamsicle, gold dust and gold. i would get a black male or lyertail dalmatian male and a couple female that are silver or any other color you can find, make sure they arn't the balloon belly though. and the lyertail are cool, the females sometimes don't have the fancy tail but the offspring will. really think of a cool color combination that you want the fry in and tell me

I suppose I could move my milky to my spare tank and get a male and couple females lol that'd be neat

20g long and I have a spare 10g and another 5g

I know they can but that way I can tell the difference in babies lol

true but the mollie fry will be yellow, black, white gold with black or white with black (depending on the colors of the parents) and the platys will be red or orange

I read platies can be blue is that false?

no, i have a blue one and my friend has a green, but you don't so the babies will be colored like the parents, my bule is my male my females are oranges(different shades) and the babies are orange with a bule sheen, it is very cool

So if I got a blue female I can have different colors

yea its realy cool i would say get a variaty of babies, and you will get some really cool ofspring

I'll go see what the store has this weekend maybe I can find a blue or green one

Back
Top Bottom