Convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all

My convicts just laid eggs 3 days ago for the 4th time. This was their first time in a larger aquarium (No other fish) and they both showed even more care for the eggs this time. They both began to prepare dens for the wigglers.

However, just like every other time the eggs are disappearing but there are no fry. At first I thought it was the filter, then my Algae Eater, and then I thought maybe they just needed experience. There seems to be a pattern though.

Every time they lay eggs, the night that they should hatch the eggs are no longer adhering to the walls of the flower pot. The parents dont eat them or ignore them. They move them into a corner of the pot. I'm not sure whats happening, they arent being eaten and they are fertilized.

(Note: I just saw this happening, but I could be wrong. What they were picking up in their mouths may have been wigglers, the lighting and angle was odd but they looked like eggs to me.)

Maybe one was eating the eggs:O I'm sorry I don't know anything about convicts except that they're usually great parents and they like, always take care of their young. Maybe you should try feeding them a bit more than usual after the eggs hatch so that they don't try eating them. Do you have anyone else in your tank at all that could harm the eggs? Is your filter sucking them up? Did they fly out of your tankXD? Lol, the last one. Just trying to create suggestions here:p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom