Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Unknown Fish Baby

I found a funny looking fry in my tank about.... 1 month and a half ago? I just released it into my tank along with three platy fry. The thing is, I have NO idea what kind of baby this is. It's not a platy, because I removed them before it was born. I found eggs stuck to my filter intake, so i'm thinking it may be a cory cat. The fish that I have in that tank are: 4 Panda Cories, 1 Skunk Cory, 1 Pepper Cory, and previously 2 Julii Cory's. I was leaning toward the 2 Julii's which I have moved to my mom's tank. However, the shape of this baby's tail isn't the same as the cories. So i have no idea what kind of baby it is. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Old 02-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to FastFly67
that's not a cory by any stretch of the imagination. That actually looks like a guppy in my opinion.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I agree. It looked like a cory right after it was born. I forgot to mention that i had neon tetras in the tank as well...... But no guppies. I'm stumped.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ya it look's like guppy i have a ton of them
Old 02-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i believe that is a guppy.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

more than likely, the guppy hitched a ride on something you bought from the lfs. i've had fry come in on plants, had a platy fry come in a bag with some yellow labs once (of course it didnt make it in that tank very long lol)

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

i got 2 cory's a bronze and a peppered and i have guppy's recentley i found a few fry in the plants n substate i managed to find 8fry and put them in a breeding box anyway that picture is definatley a guppy and not a cory fry,my fry are exactly like that in the pic it deffo a guppy you have, like the other poster said it sounds like it hitched a ride

Tags
cory, cory cat, fry, unknown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com