F-8 puffertank cleanup crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

F-8 pufferman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon brackish tank. The setup and parameters are thus, temp 78-80, filter is rated for up to 15 gallons, one live plant 2 fake with an ornament and sand bottom. the water is brackish as above stated. i do a one gallon water change each week and was wondering if anyone knew of a fish species that can coexist with f-8 puffers and can clean up the algae.

Depends on the amount of salt in the wqter you have. I dont know any brakish water algae eaters but if you have a very low amount of salt most freshwaterfish can still live in it.

Well i fluctuate the sg of there tank to mimic the naturally fluctuating water they come from, but my biggest concern is anything that isnt a puffer seems to be viewed as food to these lil buggers. ive heard some success with bumble bee gobies but want to leave that to a last resort. Any other ideas?

You have a big problem. Your tank is too small. Do not add anymore fish to your system. You need an upgrade. What kind of salt are you using? What are you feeding.

You need to do at least 50% water changes every week.

It has been proven that figure 8s do not live as long when the water fluctuates in Salt grade. In captivity, F8 should have constant salt grade. You also need to premix new water before you add it to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom