Feeders n juvie convicts don't mix.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh808

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just want to mention in case I'm not the only scatter brain that didn't know this, but I found out the hard way not to put my convict fry in with a small feeder with a constant need to eat. Didn't think it would eat the fry, but to my surprise, it did. Eat or be eaten I guess is it's theory. Good thing it only got one.

Is this normal?

Guess I just needed someone to validate what my small goldfish is doing. I thought they were herbivores, not everythingvores...

I've found out that pretty much any fish will eat whatever as long as it fits in their mouth. With goldfish being the little piggies they are, I'm not surprised they ate your fry. Wait for the fry to grow out some more (at least bigger than the goldies' mouth) and move them over.

Piggy

Thanks Steve...I was even thinking of moving the goldie over to the 30 gal with 2 convicts, but am not sure if the med size male will pick on the gold fish.
Anyone think he or the small female will be aggressive towards the gold fish? They aren't breeding and at the pace they are going, not sure if they will ever.
Move the gold to the 30 or not??

Back
Top Bottom