More convict eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TigerBarbs

Aquarium Advice Addict
They were just laid on the inside of a skull in my tank about 10 minutes ago. The question is should i move the skull and the parents to a 5.5 gallon i just filled with the main tank's water? Its got a small filter and heater but no substrate

I have had several batches of black convict fry. The parents are very good so if you can i wouldn't try to move them. The parents can normally defend.the.unit they would be big enough for.catch with a net. It would help if you had alt of real/fake plants for them to hide in. But if you have some aggressive fish in with them you can move.them but might loose some in the move.

The eggs are stuck to the skull pretty good and i dont want the convicts killing any of my other fish but i dont know if theyd be ok and a little 5.5 gallon.

Ya they should be ok until the.fry become swimmers after that i would take the adults out and back into your bigger tank. The fry would need to be fed crushed fish food. Just place the.skull and the adults in the smaller holding tank.

Ok so i decided to leave them in the big tank to see what would happen and now i have about 100 3 day free swimmers! There goin everywhere! Now should i move them with the parents?

Yes the fish are good parents. But i wouldn't put the fry into a community tank until they are to big for your other fish to eat

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say the eggs were laid in my 29gal and now they are free swimming for a few days and i have done nothing to them. The question is should i move the fry and parents into an empty 5.5 gallon

Ya i agree that's to small of a tank for the parents and the fry. I have left the fry in there own tank and just crushed the food for them.

My convicts are scaring the crap out of my tiger barbs and bichir. I need to get rid of the bichir and i took 3 barbs out and couldnt catch the other 2. I have no where else to put the bichir right now. Aaahhh! What other fish can put up with the nasty convicts

I mean taking the barbs and bichir out. I still cant have any? How bout a pleco

Back
Top Bottom