Moving my Angelfish eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katelyn7014

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My angelfish laid eggs on my heater Thursday night, which I unplugged, and was just able to get a new heater in there this morning. Temp went from 72 degrees up to 84 degrees now, Half the eggs went white, there are still 20-30 amber colored fertilized ones left. I'm just wondering if I should move the heater with the eggs over to my bare fry tank NOW or wait until the eggs have hatched and they're free swimming and transition them over using a turkey baster? :thanks:

either way you do it, make sure that the other tank has as close to identical water params as the one that the eggs are in now. I'm assuming that the parents are with the eggs ATM?

Currently they still are yes! And yes I've been moving some of the big tank water into what's going to be the fry tank. I was also wondering, when the parents moved the eggs a few hours before they became wigglers, they moved a white egg too. Or it became white after, I'm not sure... Is that egg okay to stay there because it's in the middle of all those wigglers, and I can't remove it without probably killing the fry around the egg. Would it harm them or anything to leave it there until they become free swimmers , or no? :huh:

Currently they still are yes! And yes I've been moving some of the big tank water into what's going to be the fry tank. I was also wondering, when the parents moved the eggs a few hours before they became wigglers, they moved a white egg too. Or it became white after, I'm not sure... Is that egg okay to stay there because it's in the middle of all those wigglers, and I can't remove it without probably killing the fry around the egg. Would it harm them or anything to leave it there until they become free swimmers , or no? :huh:

I dont see the egg harming anything ;)
keep us posted!

Okay, phew. Perfect. :ROFLMAO:

And one more question. I swear. (for now...) Would you recommend a water change on the fry tank BEFORE I move the fry into that tank or after? I know you need to do regular daily water changes on the fry tank, I'm just not sure if it would be a good idea to change the water before I transfer them or not?

Back
Top Bottom