My bumblebee platy laid eggs??!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piratechest

Aquarium Advice Freak
Idk what's going on... Help?

Attachments

• image-421671831.jpg
    image-421671831.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image-493919873.jpg
    image-493919873.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 96
She might have aborted due to been put in the breeder box too early. I have read that they do that if they are stressed in the boxes. Then again she might be young and if this is her first batch that ma be the cause. Good luck next time :)

She might have aborted due to been put in the breeder box too early. I have read that they do that if they are stressed in the boxes. Then again she might be young and if this is her first batch that ma be the cause. Good luck next time :)
she was moved to the breeder box last night. So roughly he was in for 12 hours. My male was tormenting her every second so I seperated her in the box

well it cant be eggs considering they are live bearers... may be a fungus or something, possibly just some poop, old food, or random other stuff!

^ yes. It happened to me once. I never used a breeder box again.

She also could be too young.. Those are un fertilized eggs from the looks of it... So maybe she didn't have any spunk to make the magic happen... But in that case, the eggs are usually reabsorbed, but I've read can also be passed.

Are there eyes in the eggs? They look pretty clear from the picture..

^ yes. It happened to me once. I never used a breeder box again. She also could be too young.. Those are un fertilized eggs from the looks of it... So maybe she didn't have any spunk to make the magic happen... But in that case, the eggs are usually reabsorbed, but I've read can also be passed. Are there eyes in the eggs? They look pretty clear from the picture..
I purchased her nearly 2 months ago. But her eggs are a very vibrant color and go the most part clear besides the bubbles near the top of the egg

Attachments

• image-3314895581.jpg
    image-3314895581.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 68
  • image-4024301380.jpg
    image-4024301380.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 69
I think they are unfertilized. So mamma should be alright, and sounds like you did everything right.

If it was a stress abortion, like we mentioned - they would be half developed.

By the look of her ( boxy) you made the right call.

Try again in 30 days! :) good luck, and sorry for the disappointment.

I think they are unfertilized. So mamma should be alright, and sounds like you did everything right.

If it was a stress abortion, like we mentioned - they would be half developed.

By the look of her ( boxy) you made the right call.

Try again in 30 days! :) good luck, and sorry for the disappointment.

Yes what stellar said is correct. Better luck next time ;)

Back
Top Bottom