Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Piratechest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 388
My bumblebee platy laid eggs??!?

Idk what's going on... Help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-421671831.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	205039   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-493919873.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	205040  

__________________

__________________
Piratechest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14
She might have aborted due to been put in the breeder box too early. I have read that they do that if they are stressed in the boxes. Then again she might be young and if this is her first batch that ma be the cause. Good luck next time
__________________

__________________
Ranish0223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Piratechest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranish0223 View Post
She might have aborted due to been put in the breeder box too early. I have read that they do that if they are stressed in the boxes. Then again she might be young and if this is her first batch that ma be the cause. Good luck next time
she was moved to the breeder box last night. So roughly he was in for 12 hours. My male was tormenting her every second so I seperated her in the box
__________________
Piratechest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mattyfelts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 2,111
well it cant be eggs considering they are live bearers... may be a fungus or something, possibly just some poop, old food, or random other stuff!
__________________
60G Freshwater || 10G Reef
Instagram: MATTYFELTS
Mattyfelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Stellah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranish0223 View Post
She might have aborted due to been put in the breeder box too early. I have read that they do that if they are stressed in the boxes. Then again she might be young and if this is her first batch that ma be the cause. Good luck next time
^ yes. It happened to me once. I never used a breeder box again.

She also could be too young.. Those are un fertilized eggs from the looks of it... So maybe she didn't have any spunk to make the magic happen... But in that case, the eggs are usually reabsorbed, but I've read can also be passed.

Are there eyes in the eggs? They look pretty clear from the picture..
__________________
Stellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Piratechest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellah View Post
^ yes. It happened to me once. I never used a breeder box again. She also could be too young.. Those are un fertilized eggs from the looks of it... So maybe she didn't have any spunk to make the magic happen... But in that case, the eggs are usually reabsorbed, but I've read can also be passed. Are there eyes in the eggs? They look pretty clear from the picture..
I purchased her nearly 2 months ago. But her eggs are a very vibrant color and go the most part clear besides the bubbles near the top of the egg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3314895581.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	231.2 KB
ID:	205053   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4024301380.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	205054  

__________________
Piratechest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Stellah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 96
I think they are unfertilized. So mamma should be alright, and sounds like you did everything right.

If it was a stress abortion, like we mentioned - they would be half developed.

By the look of her ( boxy) you made the right call.

Try again in 30 days! good luck, and sorry for the disappointment.
__________________
Stellah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellah View Post
I think they are unfertilized. So mamma should be alright, and sounds like you did everything right.

If it was a stress abortion, like we mentioned - they would be half developed.

By the look of her ( boxy) you made the right call.

Try again in 30 days! good luck, and sorry for the disappointment.
Yes what stellar said is correct. Better luck next time
__________________

__________________
Ranish0223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×