NEED HELP - Grow Out Tank = Confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rustypleco

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello everyone,

im getting a fluval 120 ltr tank, basicly for free, but its only the tank. so i need filtration.

im confused what kind of filtration i would need for this size tank. my current 25ltr tank has arround 100 jewel cichlids, 10 yellow labs and 30 peacocks. all still very small.

any tips would be much appricated

was thinking sponge filter(S)? would they do a tank of this size? many thanks

please someone help, its a 100litre tank. 3 ft long. ive got a sponge filter and a "apparent" 600lph hob filter in middle of tank. is this enough for this size tank?

I am not great at converting litre to gallons. can you give your tank dimensions?
is your tank 100litre or 120 litre?

You would need a couple sponge filters. But Imo I would use a hob filter with a sponge over the intake.

hello again,

i have a "600 LPH" hob filter with sponge filter on intank, i also have a seperate sponge filter.

hob is in middle and the seperate sponge is at the side.

im having concerns because dont seem to have much/any circulation.

thanks

If you squeeze some juice out of an aged sponge filter into the tank with the filtration running you can see how much circulation you have. You don't want too much circulation anyway otherwise the fry will have to put more energy into not getting blown around and catching their food than into growing.

Back
Top Bottom