Need help with IDing eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilly_mae21

Aquarium Advice Regular
:confused: Last night it looked like I had a pregnant cory. My husband just thought it was a fat cory who over-ate. Well this morning we looked in the the on the glass(in four spots so far) there are these white dots/eggs.
In our tank we have, tetras, corries, two angels(too young to breed), two male guppies, a pleco, and MTS.

here is the best picture I can get of one set of eggs. you can see a little dot inside most of them in this set. the rest of the eggs are on the back glass.

img_1393106_0_6ae35975fa617c387dbd0520313e45bb.jpg

if you want to try to raise them then take a razor blade and scrape them off carefully and put them into a container of water. Run an airline to the container and try to keep the water flowing around the eggs so they don't fungus. Another method is to use methylene blue or the tannins from peat/oak leaves/alder cones.

After a few days they will hatch, at that point you'll see them wiggling around and they can be fed tiny amounts of powdered food or microworms, bbs, etc.

They need clean water so do daily water changes as well.

thanks so much. We will try to raise them. this is the first time in 2 yrs this tank had any eggs. So we are very new to this.

Update:
We ended up with 4 babies. Well at least that we can see.

My husband noticed more egges this afternoon. So it didn't take long for them to get at it again.

Back
Top Bottom